Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC * First ever DOT-compliant LED headlight system - installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did someone say video?

Comment

I did actually..

Can there be a special version with a few yellow LEDs in there too?
      Tri color fabric for sale here!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

That's really something. I also share concerns about the Plastic lenses. I've always disliked how plastic headlight enclosures degrade over time (say 10 years), getting cloudy and yellowing (although the more modern plastics don't yellow all that much).

If one were to spend, say $1k on headlights solely for function, it'd be a shame for the sealed unit to degrade in such a manner. This is probably even more of a concern to an enthusiast that doesn't flip cars every few years.

On the other hand, that video does a much better job of demonstrating the lights. Now I'm seriously interested. As for the argument that it's ugly, I have diving boards. They're more ugly. Not a problem in my book.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Pretty sure I had a seizure when you flashed the highs. That was awesome.

Comment

AWESOME video

Comment

I <3 UUC. After 24v and Coilovers I will have these. Haha I'm so broke

Comment

They look incredible.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Nice.
                  Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                    That's really something. I also share concerns about the Plastic lenses. I've always disliked how plastic headlight enclosures degrade over time (say 10 years), getting cloudy and yellowing (although the more modern plastics don't yellow all that much).

If one were to spend, say $1k on headlights solely for function, it'd be a shame for the sealed unit to degrade in such a manner. This is probably even more of a concern to an enthusiast that doesn't flip cars every few years.

On the other hand, that video does a much better job of demonstrating the lights. Now I'm seriously interested. As for the argument that it's ugly, I have diving boards. They're more ugly. Not a problem in my book.
                    According to JW speakers web page these lights have glass lenses.
                    We specialize in the design & manufacture of vehicular lighting solutions, serving a wide variety of original equipment manufacturers around the world.
                    Tri color fabric for sale here!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Ok I guess it's just me. That video didn't look like anything special. *shrug*
                      Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                      I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                      Originally posted by chadthestampede
                      This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik j View Post
                        According to JW speakers web page these lights have glass lenses.
                        http://www.jwspeaker.com/catalog/for...odel_6130.html
                        Stupid interwebs keep eating what I type after the quotes.

You're right. Now I have nothing against them.
                        Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 09-26-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                          First ever DOT-compliant LED headlight system - installed in an E30 is how this thread was originally begun.

Not entirely sure being rude about that was necessary. If you've got something constructive to discuss, join the conversation. If you want to throw rocks, please, not interested.

good reply btw!!

how many thousands of dollars are they?
                          bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                            e30s started with sealed beam headlights. when the engineers over at BMW wanted to incorporate newer technology (ellipsoid projectors) they made the effort to make the new lights look very similar to the sealed beams because its what looks nice on the car. it was adapted, but doesn't look adapted because it is good design.
                            I was reading back over the thread, and I have to point something out. in the US in the 80s, sealed beams were mandatory, and 7" dia headlights were illegal. Hence, US market vehicles came with the 5" sealed beam nonsense, while everyone else got H4/H1. This is most painfully evident on our pair of early 80s jaguars. The greymarket car has 7" low/high beams (H4), and 5" highs. in the US vehicle, they installed a massive trim ring around the sealed beams to soak up the space. They looked awful.

Comment

seriously...those are pretty amazing... if my e30 was a DD i'd seriously consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                                ...on our pair of early 80s jaguars.
                                Suddenly your proficiency in automotive electrical makes so much sense....
                                -Dave
                                2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Working...
                                X