Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC * First ever DOT-compliant LED headlight system - installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
    Rob, really I dont know you guys were thinking developing a $2000 accessory for a $3000 car. That is like putting a BBK on a $3000 car, oh wait you guys did that.hmm how embaracing.

seriously, at night the best upgrade you do to car is not to be able to stop, or turn, or go, it is to see what is there earlier so you dont have to stop shorter or swerve at all.
    This post makes no sense. At first you're criticizing him for making a better headlight system compatible with E30's. Then you say the best way to improve night driving is to upgrade your headlights.

And some people will spend money on their cars, regardless of how much the car cost. I paid $3200 for my E30 and when these things come out I'm buying them.

Granted most E30 owners are broke college kids (or just cheap lol), not every E30 owner is like that.

Matt
    Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
    Originally posted by kronus
    try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
    Originally posted by chadthestampede
    This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Rob, really I dont know you guys were thinking developing a $2000 accessory for a $3000 car. That is like putting a BBK on a $3000 car, oh wait you guys did that.hmm how embaracing.

seriously, at night the best upgrade you do to car is not to be able to stop, or turn, or go, it is to see what is there earlier so you dont have to stop shorter or swerve at all.
      Forreal, What the hell is Rob thinking!? ;)

Comment

i dont know anyone who will drop 2k on lights. lol. i think id rather buy hella euro smoked smilies, and have left over cash to buy a e30 m3 5 lug swap with wheels
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
          This post makes no sense. At first you're criticizing him for making a better headlight system compatible with E30's. Then you say the best way to improve night driving is to upgrade your headlights.

And some people will spend money on their cars, regardless of how much the car cost. I paid $3200 for my E30 and when these things come out I'm buying them.
          You may need one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
            LOL!

A lot of E30s these days are far from $3K cars... I figure there's an honest $17K in my E30 (not including the headlights), and it's a relatively mild engine swap car. Cars that have a euro motor, turbo, etc., the entire build package on these cars can easily run to $40K or more.
            I have $11k in an M20 stroker, plus a blanton gearbox, +++++ you are preaching to the choir. I could have gotten the same power or more doing an S52 swap, but then it would be a used motor and the last S52 race motor we built was $25k. I figure I will have spent $20k on the car this year alone and it is still only worth $5k

I bet I can come up with $50k in receipts if I try, still only worth $5k!
            Brian Jacobs

Comment

LOL!
              That's a very good way of looking at it.
              you engineer cars, I engineer drivers!
              Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                You may need one of these

Mayhaps you're right. ;)

Matt
                Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                Originally posted by kronus
                try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                Originally posted by chadthestampede
                This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

IMO the diameter of the lens is too small -- too much gap all around between that and the grill. A set of euro grill with that little bit of continous strip will help a out a lot from the top view.

Comment

you engineer cars, I engineer drivers!
                    I like that. Very, very cool.
                    - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                    Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Honestly these have a lot of potential, I think chrome backing and chrome rings around the screws and most everyone wouldn't bother with the looks at all. Lighting output should be amazing and I think production on these need to go through.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I don't know if this was suggested already or not... but would it be possible to have a flasher for a turn-signal integrated into one of the LED's of the low-beams? I would love to delete/shave my front bumper turn signals, and this would be the way to do it!

Comment

Why not go the other way - design euro grills that surround the headlight better, ala whn you see people do a VW style twin lamp conversion.

The smaller headlights are fine, just run larger grills!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I absolutely LOVE the LED Low and Smoked High combo!!!! I think it looks badass!! a black trim ring would make everything perfect! The way I look at it, if I'm willing to spend 600bux on a set of brand new Smoked Ellips from Turner, I have no problem grabbing a set of LED Lows for 1k!!!
                            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Low beam:

Yikes, that needs some work on the cut-off shroud.
                              sigpic

1991 318i Sedan Project

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                                I don't know if this was suggested already or not... but would it be possible to have a flasher for a turn-signal integrated into one of the LED's of the low-beams? I would love to delete/shave my front bumper turn signals, and this would be the way to do it!
                                Sorry, no... you're not seeing the individual LEDs on the surface, you're seeing lenses for the LEDs that are inside.

But I know what you're talking about, I've seen something similar in a 7" version for classic hot rod builds.

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                                Why not go the other way - design euro grills that surround the headlight better, ala whn you see people do a VW style twin lamp conversion.

The smaller headlights are fine, just run larger grills!
                                With an unlimited budget, sure, I'd love to do that. Even simple E30 grilles are a very complex piece... lots of money to make by machining, or a ton of money to invest in plastic mold casting.

Originally posted by s_ribs View Post
                                Yikes, that needs some work on the cut-off shroud.
                                Actually not. In real life, that line is flatter and sharper than anything I've seen from Euro lights or the best H1/H4 aftermarket lights. I've played with a lot of lights over the years, this cutoff is the best I've seen.
                                - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                                Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Working...
                                X