Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diffeernce between early and late model Tail lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diffeernce between early and late model Tail lights?

im still new to E30s and always notice people wanting early tails for their late e30's. do they even fit with out modification? and if they do what is the desire of them? i tried looking for a side by side picture of early vs late but i cant find a picture like that.

late model tails have a horizontal reverse light section. the early style tails are not quite as big, and have a verticle reverese light section.
    sigpic

Comment

not to mention the shape of a early tail is alot different than a late tail.

Early: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9...lyplastic2.jpg

Late: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...r_20080409.jpg

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
      Originally posted by scabzzzz
      I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
      1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
      2002 325i - DD
      2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

so if the both have differnt shapes how are people just installing them early tails in their late model E30's? do the early tails still fit into the contours of the rear quarter panel, trunk and license plate area properly?

Comment

no you cannot mix early to late, or late to early. they are two different sizes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
            no you cannot mix early to late, or late to early. they are two different sizes.
            ok so that first picture the guy above me posted shows a small bumper car with early tails.. i guess that person had an early car and did a big bumper to small bumper swap then?

Comment

so can anyone tell me what kind of tails THESE are? I want to replace them with the same style but the ones on ebay that look the same are listed as 88 and newer and my car is an 87.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Do your self a favor and DON'T buy those tails. invest your time/money in other things like maintenance and suspension before you get to the exterior of your car unless you are simply painting things. When your done with all that and you really feel the need for custom tails, look in to all red tails or if you have the cash, startec tail lights. A bit rare but they pop from time to time:

All red:

Startec:

Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

It's easy, early tails look like ass and late tails are sexy. It's the early fenders that everyone wants.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                    It's easy, early tails look like ass and late tails are sexy. It's the early fenders that everyone wants.
                    Lies! :hitler:
                    Updated 10/1

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
                      Lies! :hitler:
                      Not at all, and yes I do own an early car.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

lol well I was first drawn to e30's by the look of the late model. I just don't think the early tails look like ass. But to each his own :)
                        Updated 10/1

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
                          Do your self a favor and DON'T buy those tails. invest your time/money in other things like maintenance and suspension before you get to the exterior of your car unless you are simply painting things. When your done with all that and you really feel the need for custom tails, look in to all red tails or if you have the cash, startec tail lights. A bit rare but they pop from time to time:
                          I like the way my tails look, they just need to be replaced. And don't worry, everything on this car is going to be worked over. I did not realize that my tails were "custom". Which tails were original to my car?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomquickness View Post
                            I like the way my tails look, they just need to be replaced. And don't worry, everything on this car is going to be worked over. I did not realize that my tails were "custom". Which tails were original to my car?
                            To each his own then...

These came stock:

Updated 10/1

Comment

what rear valence is that? i've got a early model and need a longer valence haha

Comment

Working...
                              X