Strange Low Beam problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Low Beam problem

Last weekend I drove out to a friends house and came back home late at night. Headlights were fully functional on my way home.

I come back out to go out with some friends and the right side low beam won't turn on. I have HID's and the ballasts are from some Lexus...no idea but they functional well.

Anyway, first thing I do is check fuse 1 and 2 because they're the headlight fuses. Everything checks out...the next thing I do is check for power on the left low beam, because its working, to see where the positive lead is. I walk over to the left and don't see ANY power.

I'm convinced its not my ballast or a bulb, these seems likes its a wiring issue but its incredibly odd for it to stop working literally 20 minutes after returning home. I tried wiring up my buddies ellipsoid setup with DS2 ballasts and its obviously the same result.

Am I checking the wrong fuses?? The relay is definitely clicking and obviously functioning because the left side works without an issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this...literally?

Thanks!
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

how are you convinced that it isnt a ballast or bulb if you havent switched the two to check?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I'll tell you why, because I'm an idiot.

I forgot to check fuses 13 & 14...FAIL.

Problem solved! Haha.

Comment

n00b
        My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by MrSlacker View Post
          n00b
          Don't even get me started with you.

Comment

Okay, slight update.

So I replaced the fuse but that didn't fix it. Fuse kept blowing. I do think either my bulb or ballast is dead though. I installed my friends HID setup and that wouldn't work either HOWEVER, switching to a 10amp fuse for the right side worked.

I know that the initial startup load for HID's is higher than standard bulbs, so my question is...is it okay for me to increase the amperage on the wiring? Can it handle the higher load?

Comment

Working...
            X