Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need assistance with going with HID's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need assistance with going with HID's....

So a while back (several years ago) I upgraded my US ellips to euro smiley's

Everything's been going great, but then I realized how cheap these HID kits have gotten, and how much I could improve on the euro smileys with a HID kit.

So I have a few questions:
    1. When putting them on my lows, will this trigger the bulb outtage light to illum(LED's by the rear view mirror).
    2. Do these run hotter than regular H1s?
    3. I plan on going with a cheapo ebay setup unless someone can advise me otherwise.
    4. I assume the 55w are the ones I want? why is this better/more suitable over the 35w?
    5. Since I have euro ellips, I'm assuming I need a H1 kit for my lows and another H1 set with lower wattage (3000k's) for my fogs if I decide to do them as well? is this correct?

thanks in advance

1. no
    2. debatable
    3. ddmtuning.com
    4. i've never used anything but 35w, and they've been plenty bright.
    5. yes, you will need H1 for your low beams. also the 3000k number isnt the power output, it's the color temperature of the light. 3000k is super yellow.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I am considering doing this. I have an 88 325i with the US ellipsoid with the 9006 bulbs. Ever since I had my car I hated the low beams. High beams are great; I replaced both housings and checked the reflectors, grounding, and voltage (~12.5v). Two days one finally died and instead of buying some Osram/Silverstar bulbs the lifetime warranty sounds good.

I did call DDM and the sales guy suggested that the 55W system will overpower the stock wiring and suggested that I get the HID Wiring Harness. What do you guys think? Do I need the Error elimination kit?

Thx guys. :)
      2002 E46 330i
      2008 Jeep Commander Sport

Comment

no you dont need the elimination kit, and that guy is full of shit. stock wiring will run 55w just fine

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

look at ddmtuning.com i got the 55w 10k and they are sick. very bright and the ballasts are small

Comment

they are cheap too. 62 bucks shipped

Comment

Working...
            X