High Performance rear lights - E30 Late style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Performance rear lights - E30 Late style

OK, as promised, here are pictures of the conversion to a late model tail light. Same design, different platform. In this case, the rear fog has a different shape, and sits underneath the reverse light.

As with my E30 'Early' post, the first shows an added tail light, and the second shows an added brake light, with the tails still on. Same advantages: bigger and brighter, plus never dark due to a single bulb failure.

Please forgive the auto exposure, look at the picture to see WHAT lights up. You will have to imagine how bright it is... reports are good.

As before, I use High Output (HO) bulbs (one on each side, included in the conversion). For an extra few bucks, I replace all tail and brake bulbs with HO so all will match in brightness. Don't forget the center brake light!

Offering this conversion at $xx plus shipping to the lower forty-eight.
    Price may change without notice...

Thanks for your input, and I look forward to your orders!

UPDATE 16 NOVEMBER 2013 -- "Loaner Special" for daily drivers.

If your car is a daily driver, I have a set of 'Loaners' to use while your lights are here getting their upgrades. Adds $20, plus return shipping of about $7.

Andy the tail light guy

\/ DUAL TAIL LIGHTS \/

\/ DUAL BRAKE LIGHTS \/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mo Brighta; 01-30-2019, 09:41 AM. Reason: add pics, updated costs
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

I was interested in this before, pretty sure that after Christmas and wife's birthday shopping is done that I will be doing this. I'll be in touch.
    1973 Bavaria

Comment

Brian- How was your Christmas and Wife's Birthday?

It's February, are you ready for an upgrade???
      Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.

Comment

Bump

Looking at doing an LED conversion / upgrade, anyone else interested?

Comment

This.. am interested :)

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
          Looking at doing an LED conversion / upgrade, anyone else interested?

Comment

Keep us updated.

Comment

Totally missed this the first time around. Prolly because it was never in the "for sale" section. I deleted the 3rd brake lights on my cabrio and sedan, so I really could use this. Looking forward to updates. Thanks.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
                Brian- How was your Christmas and Wife's Birthday?
                'Spensive! Sorry this got pushed back Andy, I sent you a PM over at mye28.
                1973 Bavaria

Comment

Hello, I'm back. Sorry, I don't seem to get notices when a new post is made.
                  I have four or so parties interested, all today - WEIRD! Nothing for five months then WHAM!

I'll be building as many sets as I have parts for, and shipping as soon as I can.

TTFN

Comment

dd you make the LEDs ? if so pics..

Comment

Bumpity - lower price, anyone? LED, anyone?

Hey, this post floated back into my consciousness (or what's left of it) recently. With the experience I now have, it's easier to do these upgrades!

Any further interest ???

Exchange your original, simple-minded, single-point-failure-prone backs for a set of Mo Brighta high performance double tail/double brake light backs.

Two step installation - Plug, then play, essentially. Detailed instructions included.

Call it my Economic Stimulus Package.

+++++++++++++++ LED UPDATE ++++++++++++++

Does it seems difficult to get a decent, high quality LED conversion light for your E30 Bimmer -- one that
                      1) doesn't look totally ricey;
                      2) doesn't cost $500 a pair and have only 12 dots lighting up;
                      3) doesn't disappear when you stand off to one side, or make it impossible to tell if the brakes are on because it doesn't get any brighter;

and also
                      4) DOES come with a five year guarantee;
                      5) DOES fill the lenses with light nicely;
                      6) DOES say 'Made in America';
                      7) DOES look good from a wide range of viewing angles;
                      8) DOES come with a range of choices and prices (LED tail, brake, turn and reverse light options individually or in any combination); and
                      9) SCREAMS LOUDLY "Brakes are applied, Back Off Dammit!" ???

Then you know why I am still working to solve these issues.
                      darvo has asked me to make him a set, I am working on this now, but it would go a lot faster if I knew I was doing this for more than one or two folks... So, could we call this a group purchase?

If there are ten folks all willing to send a refundable deposit via PayPal this will accelerate buying the parts needed to finish the prototype up, road test it, and Post Pics!

So far, I have the following good news.

-- LED panels have a five year warrantee;
                      -- lenses will require modification to work properly- reflectors will be trimmed to fit the panels into location for adequate optical performance;
                      -- lights will be plug and play; correct check panel and turn signal operation are in the design criteria;
                      -- cost will be reasonable for a basic conversion (tails + brakes), but more expensive for the full monty;
                      -- possible to have separate tail and brake lights (like stock), or combined tail + brake (full size, dim for tail/bright for brake) conversion;
                      -- reverse and turns to remain independent of tail and brake lights;

I remain open and receptive to your questions, suggestions, and ideas.

darvo is asking some really good questions, like:

How long is the LED part guaranteed? (5 years);
                      Life expectancy? (if you believe LED suppliers, a gazillion hours);
                      Who does any needed repairs? (me, of course, under warantee)
                      Have I done this before? (doing it now)

Shall we get this show on the road? email me if you want a lower price in return for sending in a 'seed capital' deposit for the privalege of being one of the first to own a set! :D
                      Last edited by Mo Brighta; 07-31-2014, 09:03 AM. Reason: updated

Comment

bump for a good seller. I have the old style, non-LED HP rear lights and I tempted to upgrade to the new LED style.
                        sigpic
                        January 2012 COTM

Comment

Hey I need a set of these lights! how can I get a pair.
                          "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Im going to give a this a bump as I am interested in led conversion
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                            :shock:

Comment

Still doing the standard high output bulbs conversions, still looking for the first LED customer. All I need are bucks to buy the panels for the first set, and I'll waive all profit for the guy who stands up first.

Comment

Working...
                              X