yellow sealed beam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellow sealed beam question

Doing a little New Years cleaning and found these 5 3/4" sealed beams in a box of stuff that came with the car when I bought it a few years ago. All have yellow glass lenses. Two are Sylvania H5006 (one lens is no longer sealed, one has a 2002 date stamp on the back). The other two: one is a Wagner H5001 and the other is a GE H5001. No idea if they work. Wondering if these are these worth anything or just trash them? Thanks.
    Attached Files
    1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
    1991 318is: raw DD
    2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

What do you meen that the lense is no longer sealed? They are all glass, so is it broke? And are you sure they aint sprayed yellow?

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Yellow sealed beam question

Just my opinion, they look like they are sprayed yellow, because the color isn't right for true 'French Yellow' lights. Plus they are sealed beams, which were never used in France. Plus they are sealed beams, not worth much even when new.

That pic under my name -- it's french yellow, a Cibie CSR low beam.

My suggestion - trash them, or put em on ebay and sell for $5 each as a curiosity. I would never put them on a car unless it was just for show.

You do know that you can test them with any 12V source to see if they work, right?
      Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
      Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
      Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
      Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
        Just my opinion, they look like they are sprayed yellow, because the color isn't right for true 'French Yellow' lights. Plus they are sealed beams, which were never used in France. Plus they are sealed beams, not worth much even when new.

That pic under my name -- it's french yellow, a Cibie CSR low beam.

My suggestion - trash them, or put em on ebay and sell for $5 each as a curiosity. I would never put them on a car unless it was just for show.

You do know that you can test them with any 12V source to see if they work, right?
        I got a set of yellow high beams. They are non halagen. They have a "A" right after the number and have export on them.

Now i have no problem running sealed beams. I still have the original T3 sealed beams in my Corvair and see just fine at night.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

re no longer sealed. One Sylvania lens face comes off from the rest of the light as if the seal has come undone/unglued. The lens itself is fine no cracks on the face or any of the edges.

re yellow: The lens glass on all of them is yellow and looks like it came that way. No sign of anything being sprayed/painted.

I rechecked the lights and the GE is a H4001. No letter A, and none of them have export stamped on them.

I'm not looking to use them, just wondering what I've got.
          1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
          1991 318is: raw DD
          2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Working...
          X