Clearing amber turnsignal lens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearing amber turnsignal lens.

Tryna find another way around a 44 dollar clear lens from AbrahamMotorsport.
    Is it possible to just remove the amber color on the lens? like on a 90-93 Integra DA, their tailights has pink color to it, you can remove it by using simple green and 30 minutes and the pink is gone. Would it give the same result?

I don't think so. But you could try acetone, either way I don't know how it would turn out.

Comment

nope, the plastic itself is amber
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Back in the early 2000's, e30 owners would go to Home Depot and buy florescent light panels, and cut a small section. It will yellow, but it will work for that ghetto touch if you can't afford the $44.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Back in the early 2000's, e30 owners would go to Home Depot and buy florescent light panels, and cut a small section. It will yellow, but it will work for that ghetto touch if you can't afford the $44.

Oh brother. I can just see how awful this must look in my mind. I see someone stealing a square foot of this from their local public restroom and putting it up on their car.

I like to save money. I can even be cheap, more often frugal. Save up. Search used parts. Or tint!?

Comment

Nah I got the Clear ones off Abraham, now I think I wanted smoked just like my headlights.

Comment

smoked tails/headlights going the wrong way unless ...

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
              Nah I got the Clear ones off Abraham, now I think I wanted smoked just like my headlights.
              you go for high output bulbs to compensate. Dark/smoked tail lights are just asking for disaster the way people don't pay attention... and if combined with a Sherman Tank-size vehicle ...well, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that bumper.

Try some higher output bulbs, I have these P3497 that are about 40% brighter at the same wattage. $5 each, not so bad, of course they are nickel base. They will bring the light back up to about the same or brighter than before the smoke. Good for brakes, reverse lights too! And high output tails while you're at it, 150% Brighter than stock (10 cp versus stock of 4 cp) only $4 a pair.

Let me know if you want to go this way, I can help.
              Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
              Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
              Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
              Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

You can have a big ass flashing neon sign on the back of your car and some jackass will still rearend you...

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Neon? Flashing? Interesting idea...

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  You can have a big ass flashing neon sign on the back of your car and some jackass will still rearend you...
                  Sounds like you have been rearended by some jackass, sorry to hear it!

Still, I rather think that most actually find it easier to see you with bigger brighter tails and brakes, and understand that you are stopping, and thus take action NOT to hit you.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

Since I can't drive all the cars, I think giving them all the help I can will help them actually see and react to my lights. And hopefully that one jackass will not turn up behind me.
                  Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
                  Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
                  Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
                  Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Nope, never been rearended.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      Why stopped cruisers get creamed often times too. All those flashing lights just draw the eye, which the head follows, and where the head goes... BOOOOOM!

I recall reading a study by NHTSA which said amber is the best warning color, whereas red/blue actually do draw attention. Now whether this is learned or some physiological response, IDK.

Brighter lights are nice, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X