Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Aproach to "French" high beams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All true, one thng I'm realizing is that this method is a bit permanent lol Only way to go back to stock would be either new highbeams or chrome paint.
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Here is how it looks if you do just the glass, the first is my brothers car, and the other two are old pics of mine, I think they turned out fine, and like I said you can just get rid of it with Acetone.

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Either my car is the wrong color or I sprayed it wrong... Mine turned out so yellow it almost looked green!
        Updated 10/1

Comment

Those are obviously multiple coats, so I can't remember if a single coat came out a little too yellow/green, or maybe the product is slightly different now since those were done 3 years ago almost.

Comment

Fosho, I'll experiment a bit then.
            Updated 10/1

Comment

how did this hold up with heat? Have you used them for an extended period of time?
              Originally posted by Dozyproductions
              All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

The way I did it, by spraying the outside of the glass has held up very well, as the picture with the plane was after it being on for about 2 years. I want to acetone it and do it again though since the drivers side is a tad lighter and I would like for them to be even.

No effect from heat as far as I can tell, and neither my car nor my brother's is garaged most of the year so I would say it holds up remarkably well.

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
                  how did this hold up with heat? Have you used them for an extended period of time?
                  Heat on my set up hasn't been tested as I only turned them on once =/ Car is down; in the middle of a motor swap. I'll update longevity when its back up and running.
                  Updated 10/1

Comment

its dumb to paint the reflective part, is lessens your light output.

The real french lights are yellow glass, not some film , etc.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I know this lol But I imagine any kind of film/spray would lessen the light output as well. At the end of the day they are just high beams and if the lighting turns out to be that terrible, I can always get some HIDs. I don't leave them on at all hours of the day like other ass holes on the road so on coming glare is also not an issue either.

As I stated earlier, I'd love a set of French lights but I can't justify such an expense just yet ;)
                      Updated 10/1

Comment

Working...
                      X