Turn Signal Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Problem

Okay, so it's an '87 325e, the blinkers do not work from the stalk. Only the right hazard works, unless I put the stalk down to turn on the left blinker, then all turn on. I'm on my second stalk, and have no clue what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
    '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
    '86 635csi (Sold)
    '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
    '84 318i (Sold)

I am going to guess here. yes I'm guessing. Since you have right side hazard but when you use the stalk and put on for left turn you get both hazards? I would check the instrument pod; maybe the batteries are on their way out. I am not entirely sure whether the circuit to the hazards is controlled by the batteries. but your problem sounds like something has a bad connection. When you installed the stalk, did you make sure no wires were getting pinched in the process of putting the covers back on?
    sigpic

Comment

make sure that your hazard switch is plugged all the way in or is working if this thing doesnt work niether will your turn signal blinkers
      Originally posted by bmwm42
      PNW vulture pm me for parts
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
        make sure that your hazard switch is plugged all the way in or is working if this thing doesnt work niether will your turn signal blinkers
        thanks for the tip. I am always learning. :-)
        sigpic

Comment

That all makes sense. I could have pinched a wire, and the hazard switch may be going out. How do I check the switch? Or should I just swap out the switch?
          '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
          '86 635csi (Sold)
          '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
          '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

THEY WORK! I was going to swap the switches from the car that doesnt run to me dd and nothing happen. Then I looked at the switch its self, and noticed it can fit in the plug upside down. Flipped it over, and ta-da. Thanks fellas.
            '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
            '86 635csi (Sold)
            '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
            '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

glad i was able to help you solve the problem
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
              X