Where are you mounting your ballasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you mounting your ballasts?

I have 2 ballasts per side, normal size ballasts, not slim. I am having a hard time deciding where to mount them. I am not a fan of drilling into the chassis. Any ideas?

Come on now, don't be bashful of your zip-tie skills

Comment

double sided 3m tape is what i used and mounted them in an inconspicuasous area
      Originally posted by bmwm42
      PNW vulture pm me for parts
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Unless I drill holes in the chassis or fab. my own bracket, I cant see how to mount it other than some type of cheap means such as double sided tape or zip ties. I am going to try and ziptie both balasts between the backside of the headlights like so:

It will be inconspicuous. I am afraid of double sided tape coming loose while cornering. or over time. Thanks for the reply though. I am still searching for ideas.

Comment

Wire tucked driver side and put the ballast behind the coolant reservoir (m20b25 late model)

Passenger side is taped to the sidewall near the headlight itself.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
            Unless I drill holes in the chassis or fab. my own bracket, I cant see how to mount it other than some type of cheap means such as double sided tape or zip ties. I am going to try and ziptie both balasts between the backside of the headlights like so:

It will be inconspicuous. I am afraid of double sided tape coming loose while cornering. or over time. Thanks for the reply though. I am still searching for ideas.
            This. I have my ballast in the same location for about half a year. No problems. These ballast are like bulletproof.
            KingB

Comment

Working...
            X