attention walmart shoppers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attention walmart shoppers!

Anybody see the lights they sell in the back that look like ours? They have these funky lokkin h1##### headlights that look like sealed beams but with a rediculous checker pattern on the lens. They have the same 3 prong connectors and appear to be the same size. Forgive me for deviating from bmw standards but I'm broke and I stumbled across them and it got me thinking...

They also have some cheap yellow fogs that look about the same size as my eta fogs. I don't plan on using the lights, just the covers because mine keep shattering into a million pieces.

Anyone else notice these or know if they'll work out. I honeslty couldn't tell you what kind of lights they were but you'd know what I'm talking about if you saw em.

Any info would be awesome.

...thinking of getting the cheapies and painting the headlights yellow just to try it out... damn walmart, why can't they just sell good lights so I don't have to get crazy ideas in my head.

Comment

so do it and at least post some shotty phone pics if anything man.....

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

The lights you are talking abut probably cost more then the stock sealed beams, and Most likely have poor light output.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Stock sealed beams are pretty cheap....how much are the ones you're looking at?

Comment

I think they were 7 or 10 bucks for the headlights, or they had an "upgraded" light that was 15 per light.
            I think they were sylvania but they looked weird.. idk where to get ours or the cost, just figured they may work as a cheap replacement. I was under the impression that e30 lights were rare and expensive in general.

Is there somewhere I could get the oldschool fog lenses relatively cheap without buying the whole setup?

Comment

No, your 87 uses stock sealed beams that have been aorund forever. So they are a very common light. For cheap replacment fogs, i'd put up a wtb in the classifieds. Never know what someone may have laying around.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Yeah that's a good point idea, guess I should do that. Still curious to know if anyone has tried them or not though.

Anybody have any idea on what type of paint to use on headlights or maybe fog bulbs? Thinking of tinting my highs since they stay on with my headlights and putting yellow bulbs back in my fogs.

Comment

i have old sealed beams and fogs that i can barely give away.

Comment

You're gettin a pm buddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X