fogs turn off on high beams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fogs turn off on high beams?

Is it normal for the fogs to turn off when you turn your high beams on? Ive never had fogs until now....

Full Build Thread Here

Yes, there is no point in having both on, other than looks. If you are using highs, fogs arent needed, same goes for fogs, then highs would be counter productive.

So everything is normal, carry on. :)
    sigpic

Comment

awesome! i have nightmares about electrical gremlins :p

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US we can only have 4 lights on at a time.
        1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

Originally posted by unrlmth View Post
          i'm not sure about canada, but in the us we can only have 4 lights on at a time.

orly?

Comment

I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US we can only have 4 lights on at a time.
            haven't heard of it... i know there are laws against auxiliary lighting(off road lamps, etc) maybe that includes fogs?

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

True that, but a guy I know has an 88 MB that leaves the fogs on w/high beams. He bought it new in '88 and it only has 90k on it so....yeah....
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Fogs - or Auxiliary lights?

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                True that, but a guy I know has an 88 MB that leaves the fogs on w/high beams. He bought it new in '88 and it only has 90k on it so....yeah....
                What model MB is your friend driving (the 'W' number on the VIN plate)? What color are the 'Fogs' that stay on with high beams -- clear or yellow?
                Does your friend know that tail and brake lights on a MB can be enhanced for higher visibility and safety - similar to the E23, E24, E28, E30, E36, and E39 kits I have invented?
                Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
                Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
                Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
                Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Actually fog lights are designed to illuminate the ground directly in front of your vehicle and making it easier to see the lines on the road..In heavy fog,High beams cast light at a much wider angle causing it to reflect off of the fog,thereby making it harder to see..And thus fog lights becomes useless when high beams are ON...
                  Cars for sale | Used car deals

Comment

If anyone has lived in a area prone to Fog (like in the great lakes in canada) High beams are pure crap in fog. it reflects off the moisture in the fog so badly, you would be better to push the car by candle l;ight. in fact in canada as for lights go, if you have day time running lights, and they are not a seperate light bulb, it uses the high beams for that, with a digital module box that cuts the voltage to them to make them very dim as to not blind people.

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
                    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Working...
                    X