Stock Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Headlights

hey guys, at the moment these are my headlights (try not to cringe and die)
    and I've been searching around for replacements.. I've noticed people selling sealed (i'm assuming those are stock?), Non smiley ellipsoids, and Smiley ellipsoids. I love the look of yellow headlights, so I assume it'd be much easier and cheaper for me to just put in 3000k bulbs instead of tinting the lenses or buying pre-tinted lenses. So what i'm wondering is am I able to put 3000k HID's inside non smiley ellipsoid housings? I'd rather not have to pay $450 for headlights haha

Sealed beams you cant put hid. Only ones you can put hid is the ellipsoids or the euro smileys. I think you can also put Hid on your current headlights as well. Those headlights you have are after market but much better then sealed beam in my opinion.

Comment

Do those have clear plastic lenses on them? If they do, I might be interested in taking them off your hands if they are in decent condition.
      1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

No, my headlights are glass. Id prefer not to sell them if i can just pop HID's in. So are you sure I can put HID's in them?? Are there and specific brands I should be looking for? It'd be 3000k... And if I remember correctly I dont want HID's in my highbeams because if I flash them I'd blow the ballast? Any other info would be great! Thanks

P.S just curious to why you would want these? No one else Seemed to like them, they said I should get Hellas? But those are a tad expensive for me

Comment

Originally posted by royce30 View Post
          No, my headlights are glass. Id prefer not to sell them if i can just pop HID's in. So are you sure I can put HID's in them?? Are there and specific brands I should be looking for? It'd be 3000k... And if I remember correctly I dont want HID's in my highbeams because if I flash them I'd blow the ballast? Any other info would be great! Thanks

P.S just curious to why you would want these? No one else Seemed to like them, they said I should get Hellas? But those are a tad expensive for me
          I'm trying to find some clear plastic lenses (like on newer cars) since the glass lenses cut down on the light output and screw up the cut off.

Most likely you will have a pretty messed up beam pattern, like almost all of the other after market ebay projectors, but you really don't know until you try. As long as there isn't light above the cutoff and they are aimed properly, then you will be fine and not blinding people. But since they were not made to take HIDs, the light output will be poor compared to a real HID projector and might even be worse than with a halogen bulb.

While I haven't tried them, I've heard that the stock ellipsoids take HIDs very well for a Halogen projector.

The best option if you want HIDs is to retrofit a real HID projector into your headlight, but that's probably out of your price range.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ is a great resource for information on HID lighting if you are interested in a retrofit.
          1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

Originally posted by unrlmth View Post
            I'm trying to find some clear plastic lenses (like on newer cars) since the glass lenses cut down on the light output and screw up the cut off.

Most likely you will have a pretty messed up beam pattern, like almost all of the other after market ebay projectors, but you really don't know until you try. As long as there isn't light above the cutoff and they are aimed properly, then you will be fine and not blinding people. But since they were not made to take HIDs, the light output will be poor compared to a real HID projector and might even be worse than with a halogen bulb.

While I haven't tried them, I've heard that the stock ellipsoids take HIDs very well for a Halogen projector.

The best option if you want HIDs is to retrofit a real HID projector into your headlight, but that's probably out of your price range.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ is a great resource for information on HID lighting if you are interested in a retrofit.
            Thank you for the info! Sorry I couldn't help you with the plastic lens'.

Comment

I know someone that has same type of aftermarket lights with hids and the light it gives out is pretty good. You just need to figure out the type of bulb the lights take and buy the hid kit in that size n color (3000k)

Comment

Originally posted by Acehye559 View Post
                I know someone that has same type of aftermarket lights with hids and the light it gives out is pretty good. You just need to figure out the type of bulb the lights take and buy the hid kit in that size n color (3000k)
                Sweet man, thats what I wanted to hear!! Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                X