ellipsoid wiring help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ellipsoid wiring help!!!

I have a '91 325is with sealed beams and I'm trying to wire it up but to no avail...
    for starters the passanger-side pig tail has a yellow and blue wire, and the original sealed beams have 2 white and blue wires???, so I tried hooking both wires together with the pigtail and it stays on with the highbeam and then I try hooking up the each induvidual wires up and the lowbeam usually doesn't even come on...Its just really hard to explain my problem over the computer

Can anyone please help. I need this done by tonight!

the ellipsoides have one power and one earth on each beam, eg. low beam has yellow(power) and brown(earth), high beam has blue(power) and brown(earth), park light has grey(power) and brown (earth). not sure if this helps or not. btw. my wiring is a euro spec

Comment

I understand the concept of it, its just my cars in not cooperating at all....this shit is driving me crazy!

Comment

Do u have a test light on hand?

Comment

It's easy, pm me if you have a question, I can most likely help you.
          Originally posted by audiquattrot
          bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
          1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
          2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
          1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
          2006 CBR600RR

Comment

anyone else....?

Comment

IIRC, one of the wires are not used. That one you just tape off.

For me, one of the colors matched, and the other one I needed to guess between two wires that were the same colour. I just hooked it up one way, if it didn't work, I tried the other wire.

If this doesn't make sense I'll check out my car and get you precise instructions.

Comment

check here also..... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206009

Comment

Working...
                X