No dome light. E30 design flaw WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No dome light. E30 design flaw WTF

Why werent our cars designed with an overhead light with a simple on/off switch. When I wanna read something or find a CD Im required to reach behind my back to switch the side lights on or just open a door to trip the lights.

I know they offered a mirror with lights in it, but thats stupid. I want a light in my overhead area.

What have people done?

I know right?

Comment

I got a maplight mirror from RagtopE30. I hooked it into the factory wiring system behind the driver's speaker and it has worked pretty well for me. I dig it and it's a much better alternative to reaching back and hitting the rear lights. but I do agree that it's retarded as fuck that BMW couldn't do a dome lamp, yet my 240 was full of neat shit.
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

You can do either of these mods also

http://www.socale30.com/theforum/vie...1325&view=next

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=132248

Comment

can't the 'dome lights' that are by the oh shit handles fit in that little sunroof motor cover panel? I could have sworn it could, or atleast be trimmed a little bit to squeeze it in. you could easily wire it up to the sunroof switch or check panel. i almost did it on one of my old e30 hardtops...

Comment

Buy a vert.

Crisis averted.
            sigpic
            Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Originally posted by JTapper View Post
              Buy a vert.

Crisis averted.
              truth

Comment

How do the sidelights work when put into the sunroof access cover? looks like a close fit, I haven't measured anything yet, but this seems like a better idea as compared to the E34 light grafted into the check panel.

Anybody have pics of this?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                  How do the sidelights work when put into the sunroof access cover? looks like a close fit, I haven't measured anything yet, but this seems like a better idea as compared to the E34 light grafted into the check panel.

Anybody have pics of this?
                  I think i squeezed it in there on one of my old coupes. It should fit, youll just have to wire a ground and constant...or just hook it up to the sunroof switch or motor/check panel and use it with the key on.

Comment

Working...
                  X