Fog light wiring inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog light wiring inquiry

So from my many hours of searching earlier in the year I read somewhere that if your vehicle DID NOT come with factory fogs, there is still a wiring harness tied up in the wiring behind the headlights . Any truth to this ? I know I need to buy a switch and install it too , is the wiring also tied up to the existing harness too behind the panel ?
    [sigpic

Bump for info, very interested in this

Comment

Yes, my 318ic did not come with fog lights but wirings are there, somewhere near the headlights for the fogs and under the steering wheel cover for the switch. You will also need a relay to make the switch work.

Comment

does the wiring have connectors or are they just cut wires taped up with that nasty black tape ?
        [sigpic

Comment

Mine had connectors, took me
          a while to find them...

Comment

They are there by the headlights. Not always the easiest to find as they are usually wrapped up in the harness loom still typically.

The plug for the switch is usually up above the headlight switch, and can be a PITA.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for the info guys, is the relay really needed ? I thought the switch was just an on / off type.
              [sigpic

Comment

The wiring is run through the fusebox. Check if you already have the K8 relay on your fusebox for the fogs.

google pics...

Comment

cool cool, saved the pic in my files. again thanks for the help, now time to go dig around.
                  [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X