X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID questions

so confused.
    i know i want 55wat.
    i also want white lights, no gay rainbow colors!

also not sure if they should go in highbeam or the headlights.
    someone told me i could get a decent set up for like 50ish...

what website do you r3v'rs use?

Here you go: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...hting/HID-Kits

Works fine for me and I haven't had any trouble with it yet *knock on wood*.

I just ordered a set of 3000k 35watt for my Fogs.

If you want it to be white, then I would get either 5k or 6k. Most stock cars (at least the one I've driven and know about) are 4300k and they're a tad bit yellow.
    Last edited by Cong405; 06-27-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cong405 View Post
      Here you go: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...hting/HID-Kits

Works fine for me and I haven't had any trouble with it yet *knock on wood*.

I just ordered a set of 3000k 35watt for my Fogs.

If you want it to be white, then I would get either 5k or 6k. Most stock cars (at least the one I've driven and know about) are 4300k and they're a tad bit yellow.
      yep thanks for the site. gonna do the 5k 55watt.

i want to run these in my fog lights, what bulb do they use? h3 right?
      and can i run the normal HID ballast thing or do i need the slim version?

Comment

If you want white light go with the 55 watt 5000k

Comment

VVME 35 watt 5000k is whats in my sig

I wish I would have used slim ballasts. I have 2 regular ballasts tied to the back of the headlight frame and the plastic headlight covers on the engine bay side of things dont fit anymore.

HID's in the high beams are not a good idea unless you do night racing (rally or on the track, not that FnF crap) since the bulbs and ballasts take a little bit to fire up and burn at full power. Most of the time high beams are used for a few seconds at most. HID highs will be wimpy for flashing and the ballasts will be pissed off.
          Last edited by Sagaris; 06-28-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
            yep thanks for the site. gonna do the 5k 55watt.

i want to run these in my fog lights, what bulb do they use? h3 right?
            and can i run the normal HID ballast thing or do i need the slim version?
            Either ballast is fine. I went with the slim one to save room and supposedly reduce heat. It's only an extra $10 and I think it's worth it.

Comment

they just pop right in yeah?

im gonna be throwing them in my fogs. any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                they just pop right in yeah?

im gonna be throwing them in my fogs. any tips?
                I haven't tried installing them yet but I don't think it's going to be hard. They need minor modification but looks to be simple.

Here's the DIY thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=132990

Comment

For your fogs your gonna have to modify the little cap thing for the wires to go through. When you get them off you will understand. Drill a hole in the cap and use silicone to seal around the hole so its watertight. Or you can make your own cap thingys. The rest is plug and play.
                  Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
                  I don silk gloves and place them into a sacred envelope made of magic and lined with Unicorn fur, seal the envelope with an adhesive made from strands of Gypsy hair and wrap the whole thing in a snazzy looking faux gold leaf paper, with elm leaf inlay from Costco. Unfortunately, by the time it gets to you, all of that fancy stuff will likely have been picked clean by the greedy postal service employees. Please don't be surprised to see just a plain envelope.

Comment

Working...
                  X