HID xentec bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID xentec bulbs

ok, I just got a set of HID ballasts and bulbs and was wondering if the xenon bulbs die where to get a replacement with the same adapter plug?
    the kit I have is for a 35w set up. Would a 55w work with the 35w ballasts?
    Last edited by Ceeker; 12-31-2011, 11:37 AM.
    sigpic

if you find out post it here, I just bought the same kit......

then again, for the price, I may just get a spare kit and keep it for spare....
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
      if you find out post it here, I just bought the same kit......

then again, for the price, I may just get a spare kit and keep it for spare....

well ebay does sell the replacement bulbs from 15-20 bucks + ship.
      as for the 55w working in the 35w ballast? hmm..I would think it could since the control unit is what charges the gas inside the bulb. but I wonder if there is enough charge from the ignitor to light the bulb up adequately.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
        ok, I just got a set of HID ballasts and bulbs and was wondering if the xenon bulbs die where to get a replacement with the same adapter plug?
        This may warant a trip to Taiwan or China. Im sure some kid in a sweat shop the first cut up a real HID bulb could should you how.
        OR
        You can just ebay a bulb and cut and splice like they do. Heat shrink is cheap. You and Radio Shack can make you awsome HID set up dreams come true....
        sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
        The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
          This may warant a trip to Taiwan or China. Im sure some kid in a sweat shop the first cut up a real HID bulb could should you how.
          OR
          You can just ebay a bulb and cut and splice like they do. Heat shrink is cheap. You and Radio Shack can make you awsome HID set up dreams come true....
          hahaha...yeah, me getting pretty lazy...radio shack doesn't even exist up here anymore...they call it "the source."

I did see them on e-bay with the connectors which are pretty generic between kits from the looks of it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
            I did see them on e-bay with the connectors which are pretty generic between kits from the looks of it.
            I was actualy bashing on your choice of lighting. I know some one stared a thread on her about doing a real HID swap. Then you will never have to worry about replacement bulbs. Oh and yes they do go bad.
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
              I was actualy bashing on your choice of lighting. I know some one stared a thread on her about doing a real HID swap. Then you will never have to worry about replacement bulbs. Oh and yes they do go bad.
              when I worked for bmw, xenon was the rage and bulbs were 200.00 replacement. they were under warranty though. So yeah, they do go bad. :-)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X