HIDs for e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIDs for e30.

What do i need to convert my 1990 325is headlights to a HID kit (pretty sure i have sealed beams). And please let me know where to get them. Tank you.

Youll need ellipsoid headlights (junkyard, ebay, or Wholesalers) and you can get decent cheap HIDs from ddmtuning.com in 9006 bulb type.
    Last edited by jw 325ic; 06-08-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
      What do i need to convert my 1990 325is headlights to a HID kit (pretty sure i have sealed beams). And please let me know where to get them. Tank you.
      Just dont do it.
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
        Youll need ellipsoid headlights (junkyard, ebay, or Wholesalers) and you can get decent cheap HIDs from ddmtuning.com in 9006 bulb type.
        This here. But watch for the brand new ones sold on eBay. They are cheap Chinese junk. Some have good luck with them, but most don't. The quality is on the poor side. So look out for ones made by Hella or Bosch.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          This here. But watch for the brand new ones sold on eBay. They are cheap Chinese junk. Some have good luck with them, but most don't. The quality is on the poor side. So look out for ones made by Hella or Bosch.
          That said, I have put DDM Tuning kits on my last two E30's. Link to the kit I bought here. All four have been installed for over a year now.

Even 35W HIDs are a significant upgrade from sealed beams. Upon installing the first kit, I got so excited I sounded like an imbecilic raving about "how bright my headlights are."

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
          Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

Ellips are not designed for HID. They're probably better than dropping them into a regular housing(like your high beams), but you're still going to be one of those dicks who blind me at night. If you want HID, do it right.

I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

look up the sticky on how to do an FX35 projector retro fit. I did on my car about 6 months ago and the lighting is absolutely fantastic.

Comment

im thinking to put hid kit. ive got lens. but ive got a question about can bus , what is it , and i need it ?
                i check the lamps in the car and say 9006 in low beam .
                the headlights looks like this one:

can be fit any kit ? it going to work well or im going to blind all the ppl?

Comment

hids are for hondas i think

Comment

Matias, theyll fit in yours. Where are you seeing can bus? Btw, ive had 35w HIDs in for a couple months with plenty of night drive time and no one has flashed at me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                      Matias, theyll fit in yours. Where are you seeing can bus? Btw, ive had 35w HIDs in for a couple months with plenty of night drive time and no one has flashed at me yet.
                      ok , thx , i dont understand well about the canbus , but some guy tell me i need it because ive got the check panel and if i put a regular hid kit im going to have the low beam light on in the panel like has a fail.
                      do you has any expirience on that?

Comment

Whats a canbus? The ddmtuning 9006 kit i got was plug and play and i had no issues at all.

Comment

CAN BUS is the protocol the different modules in later model cars use to talk to each other. I think that his friend was trying to tell him that he'd need the low beam failure eliminator, but that was on E36s.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                          X