Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Fogs? or Lower color temp and higher lumens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Fogs? or Lower color temp and higher lumens...

So, as an uneducated a-hole, I bought blue fog bulbs... after reading an amazing thread in the DIY subforum, I now realize the error of my ways.

Question- is there a yellow replacement fog bulb I can buy? I've searched around... TMS, BavAuto, the like... maybe I'm not looking hard enough. there are probably teilhauser i've never heard of?

Even cooler (I think) would be a french yellow lens and bulb... if that exists...

I'm sure i'm the first e30 owner on R3V to ask this... If i've misused the search function, I apologize, and am prepared for the deluge of criticism.

I did try..

thanks
    /______\_o_/______\
    l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
    \ #___======___# /
    |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

They're all over ebay, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...+bulb&_sacat=0

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Yep, yellow H3 bulbs are all over fleabay.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

There are yellow fogs, and yellow bulbs. Just depends on your application.

As stated, bulbs are all over ebay, just type in your bulb type and 'yellow'
        sigpic

Comment

i got a huge roll of film at pep boys for 30$
          sigpic

Comment

What about yellow tint film, and high output clear bulbs?
            Keeps the lenses safe from rock damage, and makes more light from the same watts.

I can get both for you - pm if interested.
            Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
            Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
            Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
            Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
              What about yellow tint film, and high output clear bulbs?
              Keeps the lenses safe from rock damage, and makes more light from the same watts.

I can get both for you - pm if interested.
              Still haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do about my lighting situation.

Let me ask a few questions:

1. Can i upgrade to Euro headlights (like the ones at TMS or Bavauto) without jimmying with electrical stuff? I'd rather have a plug and play application? **note, I'm NOT talking about an HID install. No interest. Specifically, I'd like to upgrade to yellow Euro headlights, high and low beam, like at Abrahams'MS.

How involved is this sealed beam--> Euro conversion? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I understand the different lighting options available, but all the writeups on here address adding the HID, and that's really not something I'm interested in.

Thanks.

EDIT: Will the Hella 550w driving lights fit in an early model (BBS Valence) fog light situation?
              Last edited by DaButt; 07-21-2012, 03:20 PM.
              /______\_o_/______\
              l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
              \ #___======___# /
              |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Working...
              X