Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like these on the spoiler

Comment

When the weather gets normal my car is going back in to have mine installed. I got the smoked ones.

Factory they came a little lower than what you have but in all honesty who the hell is gonna notice that?

Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

If you wire them up to the front turn signal (I presume that's how they're wired in Europe???), then in the US won't they be 1/2 on with sidelights, and full on with turn signal? But the bulb is not dual filament, so this would seem a problem.

Anyone have the answer (Ryan?)
        Moving sale: Everything Must Go!
        FS: 2001 740iL Sport, low mileage..... SOLD
        FS: 1990 Mtec II 325iS, $12,0K OVNO
        FS: 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi..... SOLD

FS: New Rieger lip, lachsilber metallic (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)
        FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Extreme 325iS (well, slowly getting there, anyway)......
        Almost too many mods to list ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetride01 View Post
          If you wire them up to the front turn signal (I presume that's how they're wired in Europe???), then in the US won't they be 1/2 on with sidelights, and full on with turn signal? But the bulb is not dual filament, so this would seem a problem.

Anyone have the answer (Ryan?)
          They are only meant to be a flashing turn signal/indicator (thats how I wired mine, just splice into front signals.) I think if you knew what you were doing you could wire them to stay lit with the parking lamps and then blink with the turn signals. I 've seen that done to a set of front U.S. side markers that are just in front of the wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcabrio View Post
            They are only meant to be a flashing turn signal/indicator (thats how I wired mine, just splice into front signals.) I think if you knew what you were doing you could wire them to stay lit with the parking lamps and then blink with the turn signals. I 've seen that done to a set of front U.S. side markers that are just in front of the wheel well.
            Exactly... but the front turn signal here in the US is also the parking light... or are there 2 wires running to it, one for the signal, and one for the parking light function?

FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump this thread. I'm getting ready to install a set of repeaters. It is my understanding that they blink when you put your blinkers on, but otherwise, they do not light up.

I'd like to mod them to come on when with my parking lights and blink with my blinkers. What kind of wiring does that require? BTW, I referring to the orange lights on the fender.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

Depends if the ground is isolated. If the ground for that repeater bulb does not touch sheetmetal, then its simply a matter of one wire to the parking lights, one to the turn signal.
                  -Dave
                  2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

You'll want some diodes in there too to keep current flowing the right way or you could get some weird feedback.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Nope! Diodes would make it work improperly.

That wiring trick works because the bulb is polarity insensitive. Add a diode and it will either light up and blink only with the parking lamps on, or blink only with the parking lamps off.
                      -Dave
                      2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Originally posted by gtopaul View Post
                        Did mine a few years ago. Pretty easy job. Seems like people mount them all over the place on the panel but mine came from BMW with a template to cut the holes so I think they're probably right.

Paul

Does anybody have any more info on this template? I will be installing sidemarkers on my e30 and I want to know the exact spot to cut the fenders.
                        My Feedback

Comment

Bumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM me you email. I have an installation pdf. Here are the dimensions, but the pdf also has a bunch of wiring instructions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30_sidemarker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	7156882

Comment

I have an issue. Just installed my euro side markers. DR side bulb stays lit and blinks. PS side just blinks. On both sides I have them wired the same(ground wire and blue wire). after some searching i may need to check and see if bulbs are double filament. Any other suggestions.

Comment

Could you run the wires from the US side markers to the Euro ones and fill in the trim? No sense in having both and it would just look odd. Any where know where I could get a diagram of where to cut the whole and for the wiring?

Comment

Working...
                                X