Ebay fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay fog lights

Anybody have any experience with these??

Looking for late model fogs for an 89 iS. The $50 price is tempting...

I've had some on my car for the last 8mo's. Work fine, fit perfect, look just like OE only with plastic lenses instead of glass (if the OE's are even glass).

My car didn't come with factory fogs so I wired them in with my headlights, that way they are on as long as my headlights are on but turn off when I hit the high beams.
    1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Originally posted by InNeedOfBoost View Post
      I've had some on my car for the last 8mo's. Work fine, fit perfect, look just like OE only with plastic lenses instead of glass (if the OE's are even glass).

My car didn't come with factory fogs so I wired them in with my headlights, that way they are on as long as my headlights are on but turn off when I hit the high beams.

Thats good to know. I actually prefer to plastic lens, but I'm going to lamin-x them regardless.

Comment

Yea, every time I've had glass fog lights on other cars, they crack so easily with road debris. I prefer plastic as well.

I have yellow ones right now (in my sig) that I'm trying to sell so I can get some clear ones.
        1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

There's a review on them in the "product reviews " section.

Deff worth the $50 tho
          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

i bought a set last year to replace my original set with cracked lens.

i didn't like the brackets on the ebay fogs. the brackets on the ebay fogs are flimsy while the oem ones are sturdy and have almost no play. so i swapped the brackets with the oem one.

after installing and wiring them up, one side didn't work. took it out and tested with a multimeter. one prong didn't have enough solder so i fixed that.

ended up re-sealing the lenses with a bead of silicone and put lamin-x film to protect them.

so far they are holding up well. for the price i think they are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by theBAYsics View Post
              i bought a set last year to replace my original set with cracked lens.

i didn't like the brackets on the ebay fogs. the brackets on the ebay fogs are flimsy while the oem ones are sturdy and have almost no play. so i swapped the brackets with the oem one.

after installing and wiring them up, one side didn't work. took it out and tested with a multimeter. one prong didn't have enough solder so i fixed that.

ended up re-sealing the lenses with a bead of silicone and put lamin-x film to protect them.

so far they are holding up well. for the price i think they are worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. I did hear similar reviews, but for $50 and all the likelihood of them cracking, seems like a sweet deal.

Comment

Working...
              X