Do not buy ebay fogs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not buy ebay fogs!

So I took a risk and got the cheap $49.99 ones. They are garbage.

1) The rubber gasket doesn't even fit right on both Right and Left fogs.

2) The keying was reversed on the passenger fog. See pic. I can't plug the stock connector in.
    Attached Files

That sucks, but we know better. Get a refund!
    IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Yeah I'm working with the seller. He is located in Cali.

Comment

You can round off your stock connector and it will fit. I was in the same boat. I ended up only using the housings and installing oem lenses and gaskets
        harry/harout

Comment

They're depo's right? My friend was asking me to re-wire his but never got back to me on the make...

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

I don't think they are depos.
            That's common though if you searched. Gaskets fit awkwardly, connector key is sometimes wrong, and you have to pry the prongs inside to make the bulbs fit inside sometimes.

:P fun

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Buy blackouts (bobs) fog lights.

They're refurbished OEM.
              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
              1991 318is - Sold
              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                Buy blackouts (bobs) fog lights.

They're refurbished OEM.

:pimp:
                » PARTS FOR SALE
                » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Had the same problem. But other than the connector not fitting everyrhing else was good for $50. I rounded off the fog connector instead of the plug connnector and they worked great. Took them off only cuz I found a great at OEM set for $10. At the junk yard

Comment

so ground off the ebay fog housing? or the stock connector housing?

Comment

Fog housing. You don't want to ruin your stock connector in case you go OEM later

Comment

For super budget replacements are these really that bad? I've been thinking about getting some to get by for a while till i find some not cracked or pitted fogs

Comment

seller gave me 50% refund. I plan on getting some used cracked OEM fogs.

Comment

I got a couple of these in the mail a few days ago. My plugs were made properly. The fit and finish is not great but for the price I think they are good deal. I am just using them to fill the holes. But I don't know if I'll ever actually wire them up as my car came factory with fog light deletes so I can't speak to their functionality. They look good though
                            sigpic

Comment

There is a screw that vibrates loose to and rattles around in the bottom of the lenses. A bit of heat helps the gaskets to fit better. My plug was bad too but so were ny connectors as they were brittle. I just pushed my wires onto the pins. I have been using them for 6 months now and all is good

Comment

Working...
                              X