Headlight Auto Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Auto Off

Has anyone wired up their headlights so that they go off when the car is turned off?

Once again, I left the lights on in my car, and killed the battery...

What I'd like to do is have the lights stay on for a minute or two, then turn off, but I'd be happy if they just turned off when the car did.

I got a relay and plan on making a lights on sound
    If you check the buzzer, It has 3 tones
    The one time gong for black ice warning
    The multiple gong ( I think for seatbelt)
    There is a 3rd tone, that is also continuous
    Now the buzzer has live power, so you activate each gong by feeding the pin with ground
    So I was going to have the relay feed the gong ground when the lights are off AND the door is on
    So you need both the lights to be on, and an open door to activate the gong

Comment

That's another option I was looking at as a fall back. I'd really like the lights to turn off by themselves.

Comment

This might sound silly, but leave yourself a note in the car somewhere if it's that consistent an issue. Pilots do it, there's no shame in it. Better to learn better habits than to hide them behind nannies in my opinion.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by deac0n View Post
          That's another option I was looking at as a fall back. I'd really like the lights to turn off by themselves.
          you could use a relay activated by the acc wire that provides power to the light switch
          so when you turn the key off, the relay interrupts the power going to the light switch
          and viola
          lights turn off

where as right now the light switch has permanent power

Comment

My '86 es has this feature, I always thought it was stock. Not that I need it but it certainly does come in hand when I pump gas on the fly (at night of course)

Comment

Working...
            X