Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1 bulb

Good day everyone,.

I did some research and I turned up nothing. I need some help trying to figure this out (I think I am over thinking things). I have new set of headlights and they use H1 bulbs. In my e30 they have 9003 (HB4) bulbs meaning it has the sockets.
    My question is there a way to connect the H1 bulb to that socket or do I have to cut that socket out and make a new connection. Because I know the H1 has only 1 terminal, so I would need another terminal for a ground.
    Can someone help me out try and figure out how to fix my H1 to the 9003 socket or a new socket.

Thank you.

hmmm.

first of all, i believe HB4 is a 9006 bulb, not 9003. these are for US elips low beam.

since you now have H1, EURO elips, you will have to get a EURO connector that will plug into the back of the light.

your lights came with caps on the back correct?
    the caps have the pins that the connector goes to.

this is how your lights should look from the back:
    (left: low beam, right: high beam)

in the picture above, you will notice where the connector should plug into.

search for the euro connector part numbers, there are plenty of threads with that info.

i hope this info helps you out.

Comment

this photo should give you an idea of how the wires plug in inside the caps.

and of course this is using a standard halogen bulb, not any hid kit.

Comment

Perfect. I appreciate the help. Yes my lights do have those connectors. I can use that one of my bulbs.

Comment

Is there a way not to use those connections and use something else? Just because I have my low beams running HIDs and that cap can not work?

Comment

SEARCH!

Comment

Thank you once again. I over think too much on things.

Comment

I have euro smileys and have H1's in low and high. Is there a better bulb than the standard H1 I can plug and play that puts out more light? The H1's in low suck.
                84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
                  I have euro smileys and have H1's in low and high. Is there a better bulb than the standard H1 I can plug and play that puts out more light? The H1's in low suck.
                  Check the reflector in the headlight itself. They tend to get dirty or fade out over the years, so a brighter headlight bulb may not be the answer.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Ok, I'll check that as well. Yet, are there better versions of the H1 I can use than the standard $4 bulb?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
                      Ok, I'll check that as well. Yet, are there better versions of the H1 I can use than the standard $4 bulb?
                      if you havent checked already make sure your lights are aimed properly.

Cibie, Hella, Marchal, Carello stockists. E-code headlamps, fog lamps, driving lamp, bulbs, and full technical support and assistance

scroll down until you get to the H1 section. these are different types of bulbs you can put in your lights. 55w, 100w, etc.

you also have the choice of installing hids in your lows. id recommend nothing higher than a 5000k bulb, otherwise your lights will be blue. 4300k is ideal for maximum light output.

EDIT:
                      Memotronics is your online source for lighting and industrial supplies. We stock over 2000 miniature, line-voltage and halogen bulbs for industrial, automotive, residential and commercial applications. Our automotive lighting selection includes vintage and hard-to-find bulbs for domestic and import cars, as well as a range of thermal, electronic and solid state flashers, including a range of turn sugnal flashers for aftermarket LED conversions

more H1 bulbs.
                      Last edited by blazinxpk; 10-05-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I'm not sure if my lights are aimed properly. I adjusted them so that the light is even with the center of the light from about 20 foot away.

Comment

Working...
                        X