Quick smiley wiring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick smiley wiring questions

So I just finished one side of my smiley lights and before I do the other side I want to make sure I'm tapping into the side marker light correctly. So the previous owner used crappy plastic splice connectors into the side marker lights for the running light on my clear turn signals so I took those off and wrapped the wires up and soldered them and taped it nicely. I then went higher up on the side marker wire and used that part to give power to the city light on the smiley and again I wrapped the stripped wires for power together and soldered an repeat for ground. Is it okay to keep going into the side marker wire like I am? And my side marker light, city light, and turn signal illuminating light are on when the low beam is on. Is that how it's supposed to be on late models?
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

As long as the splices are done well and sealed correctly, there's nothing wrong with it. Why did the PO have to splice the turn signal into the side marker? Other than that, those lights should all be on when the low beams are on, and also just with the running lights on.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
      As long as the splices are done well and sealed correctly, there's nothing wrong with it. Why did the PO have to splice the turn signal into the side marker? Other than that, those lights should all be on when the low beams are on, and also just with the running lights on.
      The PO got some Taiwanese clear turn signals that use two of the original connectors for the bulb that does the turn signaling. Then there's two wires that come out of the back for a second bulb and that one is for the parking lights.
      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
      BMW

Comment

Working...
      X