Tinting headlights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinting headlights...

Sooo I love the look of the smoked headlights, and my votech school car club is puttin on a car show soon... I don't have the money to spring for the smoked ellipis. smiley's that I want, but I wanna pull of the black kidney grill and lights look.. Could I buy the DIY tint from autozone and tint them myself? Would this totally F my visibility of the already crappy sealed beams? Last question, if this is possible, what % tint should I go with? God I'm a nub :(
    Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

dang...I would NEVER put anything on a sealed beam that makes it ANY dimmer. Flashlights are brighter than sealed beams. You can get lamin-x but don't do it on sealed beams. I would say go for some smileys. They can be had for 150-200ish. Thats for the non-smoked ones though. You can always do the DIY to smoke them.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

... it wont make you look any cooler
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Do it. Don't be a sissy and use tint, just use spray paint.
        Trevor Ely
        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

true that... besides, do a search, There are plenty of people that wrote posts about tinting with spraypaint.......
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

no no use flat black for a stealthy look ;)
            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

hahahah, but you can't forget a coating, or else it will look like shit.... gotta protect it

Personally, i go for the all-red look myself
              Recent Rebranding!!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

It will look really cool when you crash/get a ticket.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

ROFL although the comments are entertaining, it seems like my assumption was correct.. bad idea :( Although if I was still considering this, I think I'd probably go with a nice neon green, on the headlights as well as all of the grills.. Give my car a real APC type look... While I'm at it, I'd go buy a triple stack wing from autozone, rectangular headlights, with as many APC stickers as possible (for speed).. It'll take time to scrape up the dough (those wings aren't cheap) and I'll post pics as soon as I'm done!! Hey, maybe I'll grab a 3A racing 5 inch bomb muffler while I'm at it!! Wow you're all an inspiration to me!!!
                  Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

Comment

Originally posted by jtuner
                    ROFL although the comments are entertaining, it seems like my assumption was correct.. bad idea :( Although if I was still considering this, I think I'd probably go with a nice neon green, on the headlights as well as all of the grills.. Give my car a real APC type look... While I'm at it, I'd go buy a triple stack wing from autozone, rectangular headlights, with as many APC stickers as possible (for speed).. It'll take time to scrape up the dough (those wings aren't cheap) and I'll post pics as soon as I'm done!! Hey, maybe I'll grab a 3A racing 5 inch bomb muffler while I'm at it!! Wow you're all an inspiration to me!!!
                    hehe you got it man!!! :up:

Comment

Seriously, why can't everyone be like this guy? Take flamming and hating and even play along.

Comment

Umm guys, I'm not too familiar with sealed beams, but if he managed to separate the lenses from the rest of the light, couldn't he put in a black cross-hair type insert that makes the reflector look darker, while retaining 99% of its light output? Just like on the high beams of genuine Hella smokes. That would work I think.
                        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

^^^nope...sealed beams are umm...sealed. Its light the headlight IS the bulb soo that won't work. Just buy some ellips. They aren't that expensive and they are awsome

Comment

Originally posted by jtuner
                            Give my car a real APC type look...
                            A perfect circle?
                            Recent Rebranding!!
                            E30 SM62/S62
                            E30 M60 V8
                            E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Working...
                            X