euro ellips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

euro ellips

ok guys i recently bought some euro ellips from permit. he said the adjusters should be replaced or just cleaned up, ive heard you should just replace them, anyone have PN for the parts that need to be replaced?
    Thanks
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Adjusting Screws: 63121385397
    Black plastic hat thingies that go on top of the screw: 63121378369

Get 8 of the first, and 12 of the second, and you'll be good.
    This is because there are only four actual 'adjusters' per side, but six affixation points per side. One rod on each light is non-adjustable, and can be left as is.
    This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

thanks for the info, ill run out to the stealership asap
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Edit!!: Apparently the adjusting screws with AND without plastic handles sticking out the back are the same P/N (go figure). You NEED 8 adjusting screws, 4 with handles and 4 that don't have to have handles. This is because the low beams can be adjusted using a philips screwdriver from the front of the light, while the highbeams can ONLY be adjusted from the rear using aforementioned handles!

Just a heads-up :)

Comment

where do you adjust them front the front with a phillips? Just curious, since I need to adjust my lows
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

so i need eight per side?
            or 4 per side?

Comment

PER SIDE, you need:

6 black hats
              2 adjuster screws WITH handles for adjustment from behind the light
              2 adjuster screws with handles OR with a philips head to adjust using a screwdriver from the front.

This is because the highbeams can't be adjusted from the front of the screw, the screw head is fully covered by the headlight bucket. Driving lights can be adjusted from the front using a screwdriver to turn the adjuster head OR from behind like the highbeams, with the handle.

I hope this clarifies the issue, and I apologize if you got mixed up.

Oh, and good luck removing the old screws, that can be a bitch :)

Comment

Nice tip on adjusting the lows from the front. I'll have to check that out. Its a bitch to adjust it from the rear since I had to mount my HID ballast and ignitors right near the adjuster on one side.

Comment

Working...
                X