HID Mounting pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Mounting pics?

Anybody have pics of how they mounted their HID kits inside their engine bays? Also, if you used double sided tape, can you still remove the ballasts if you wanted to in case it fails on you?
    Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

I used velcro and stuck the passenger side one on the strut tower (no washer fluid tank), and tucked the driver side one behind the driver side tower (no tape required, stays in place on its own).

Comment

Ah velcro sounds like a good idea. How long have you had it mounted like this? Did you get strips of velcro from a hardware store?

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

I've had it like that for about a month. I've gone fast, braked hard, made quick turns...it all stays in place. Velcro from a hardware store would be best I suppose, you don't want that dinky cheap stuff that holds up pens and crap like that.

Comment

sounds good. What brand are you using? I'll be putting in a prolumen kit and it has two pieces of hardware I believe.

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Prolumen. I only secured the larger box (silver) in place, the black ones (igniter, I think) are just chillin next to the headlights. They're not heavy enough to move around much.

Comment

Sweet! Which kelvin are you running? I got the 5k one hopefully arriving tommorow. Let's see some pics of it on your car :).

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

5000k for me as well. No pictures, but the night becomes your bitch.

Comment

So glad to hear that, haha. Are you running them in US ellips? If so were you running 9005 bulbs in them prior to the HID?

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

I went from US ellips with standard bulbs to Euro smilies so now I have the H1 bulbs.

Comment

Just installed it, man are they sweet! Gotta align the US ellips though.

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                      X