Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can LED 7506 cause other rear lights to fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can LED 7506 cause other rear lights to fail?

I recently installed LED reverse lights from a vendor on r3v, and on my way to work my check board showed that my license plate lights were failing (also changed to LED festoon), and then the "rear lights" light came on as well.

Soon after, as I'm still driving on the highway, my brake lights light turned on... I park the car after I exit, to find out that license plate lights work fine + the rear lights... but brake lights don't seem to work.

Idk when they were previously changed by the PO, but is it just a coincidence -- or could the LED 7506s cause the other bulbs to short, etc.

What are some things I should check first?

1. Bulb filament --
    2. Fuse box, (which fuse(s)/relay(s)? my bentley is at home, and i'm at work)
    3. Tried starting without LED 7506s plugged in thereafter, still no worky.

Maybe I should try plugging the 7506 for reverse, in the brake light spot? to see if its the bulb or what not...

Any thoughts?

My '87 Alpinweiß 325is Build Thread | Parts FS | Parts Wanted | Feedback

The LED's won't make other bulbs burn out, but it will trigger the check control. I'd start by putting new bulbs in and see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work, check for power at the plug using a test light. Check your fuses as well.

Comment

actually, I think I might have fixed it... The connector might have been coming loose (as it wasn't secure in the plastic clips)

My new problem is... Every time I turn on my headlights -- my license plate lights turn off... I don't know why this is the case, but could it be because I'm using festoon LEDs?

Could there be a short in the wires somewhere?

My '87 Alpinweiß 325is Build Thread | Parts FS | Parts Wanted | Feedback

Comment

Working...
      X