Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickering Lights Predicament

Hello--
    I've been having an issue with my headlights and I was hoping someone could enlighten me.
    Whenever I drive over rigid roads, my headlights (aftermarket) flicker . As if there are loose wires becoming disconnected momentarily. I tripled checked to assure that all necessary wires are in fact plugged appropriately. I read around and someone stated it could possibly flicker due to a grounding issue but unfortunately it was explained vaguely. Sometimes the headlights stop working altogether and the way I fix this temporarily is by unplugging and reinserting the respective fuse(s) to the headlights. However, the flickering continues once the car drives over violent roads.
    I feel uneasy driving with this issue and I'm certain flickering lights disrupts others on the road. Any insight will be lovely.
    Thank you in advance!

Well the first thing I would try is buying new replacement fuses and installing them. While the old ones are out, check for corrosion where they plug in. You can also make sure the bulbs in the lights are properly grounded; I don't know what type of lights you have, but the H1 bulbs ground against the body of the projector and require a little spring to keep proper tension. If that spring is missing they could jiggle around a little and lose contact.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
    X