us ellipses led 9006 bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

us ellipses led 9006 bulb?

quick google search and saw these. I wonder if anyone has tried them. 2200lumens seem pretty bright.
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

i personally cant comment on led lighting because i have no experience with it.

but might i add that if you are looking to spend ~$200 to upgrade your lighting why not look into retrofitting upgraded projectors into your current ellips. this way you will have a better foundation to start off with and then you can choose what type of bulb you want to run later on (halo/hid/led).

you will achieve the best light output when you have a light (projector in our case) that is designed to take upgraded forms of bulbs (hid/led).

while installing a hid/led light into our stock projectors will work "fine", it doesn't necessarily mean that you will be getting the 2200 lumens as stated.

the main reason we install drop in hid kits is because its a cheap solution to upgrading the entire light (retrofit upgraded projectors) and its "better" then stock.
    Last edited by blazinxpk; 09-23-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

reason why I will stick with stock is my ellipses are brand new so I dont want to modify it.

btw found other sites selling the bulbs and regulators for $60-70 a pair. not bad
      Last edited by ///M42 sport; 09-23-2014, 08:00 PM.
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

if you do end up buying the led bulbs, please report back with a review on how they are.

Comment

If you're looking for a plug and play upgrade, you may want to consider HIR bulbs. Supposedly twice as bright with the same bulb shape and all. You just have to file a bit of material off the bulb base.

Memotronics is your online source for lighting and industrial supplies. We stock over 2000 miniature, line-voltage and halogen bulbs for industrial, automotive, residential and commercial applications. Our automotive lighting selection includes vintage and hard-to-find bulbs for domestic and import cars, as well as a range of thermal, electronic and solid state flashers, including a range of turn sugnal flashers for aftermarket LED conversions
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
          X