Advantage of Smiley's or Newer Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advantage of Smiley's or Newer Style

Hey all I was wondering if there was a technical advantage to the "smiley" style headlights or if it may just be an aesthetic thing. Also is there a good angel eye headlight on ebay that's quality?
    sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

I replied in a thread like this about the purpose of the "smiley" recently; it's basically a fog light. Here are a couple pictures from when my front bumper and valance were removed; the adjustment is a bit low in these pictures but you get a general idea from them.
    Low beam only:

Low and high beam:

I can take another couple pictures tonight if you'd like, the car is back together and the lights are properly adjusted.

There are no good angel eyes.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Roger that on the angel eye's and ty for the info. I saw some good reviews on the depo stuff but noticed you guys like to get ahold of the euro stuff even more was the reason for my question. I looked at my lights today and there's not really even a housing, it seems they are just the old school one's where you just buy the hole round light instead of just the bulb. I would like to change this and go to a better sealed type system like some smiley's etc..

Comment

I have been watching some of your Cortina videos and they make me tingle lol, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
          Roger that on the angel eye's and ty for the info. I saw some good reviews on the depo stuff but noticed you guys like to get ahold of the euro stuff even more was the reason for my question. I looked at my lights today and there's not really even a housing, it seems they are just the old school one's where you just buy the hole round light instead of just the bulb. I would like to change this and go to a better sealed type system like some smiley's etc..
          Yeah, you have what are called sealed beam headlights. Of the two US-market options, they are easily worse. My car had them before I swapped as well. If/when you pick up a set, there's a good amount of info on the wiring process and I could fill in any gaps.
          Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
          I have been watching some of your Cortina videos and they make me tingle lol, good stuff.
          Glad you're enjoying them! It's an awesome car. I think my favorite video might be the 2014 Jefferson 500 IMSA reunion. There are a couple laps where I lift BOTH inside wheels for a second coming onto the front straight. ;D
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Roger that on the light help and I will stay tuned on your channel.

Comment

Working...
            X