Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight protection self adhesive film

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    They are little under 1/2" openings. So basically just protection from small pea gravel. And besides if anything larger was flying up at the front of your vehicle, you have more to worry about then a chipped headlight..
    Don't you mean 'just protection from anything LARGER than small pea gravel"? And I totally agree about anything larger than small stuff- big heavy rocks are going to damage just about anything they hit... windshields are a primary target that comes to mind.

Personally I prefer the XPel headlight film, it is perfectly clear to maintain full light levels on the road, is nice and thick (~40 mils) like the thickest 'Lamin-X', but follows moderate curves -- which Lamin-X says theirs does not. I think of it as very inexpensive headlight insurance, have had it for 11 years.

Near tragedy - when my headlight buckets were collapsed by a pickup backing bumper-first into my lights, the film protected the lights from breaking - quite a job. New headlight bucket, a little sheet metal bending, and I was back in action.

Very happy with the XPel, since I have Cibie CSR headlights with totally awsome performance, and which are completely NLA.
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Working...
    X