US to Euro Turn signals wiring HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US to Euro Turn signals wiring HELP

Ok I need to get the euro turn signals hooked up. Basically there are three wires on the old connection (grayish w/ a yellow strip, blue with a red strip, and brown). So on the old US connecter plus there are three slots.

On the new euro turn signals there are only two male connecters to have a hookup.

What needs to be done to convert the US conectors to fit the euro turns. Do i absolutely need to buy new OEM connecters from the dealer or can I go to radio shack and get some female connecters and solder them on to fit the male side on the signal stocks?

thanks in advance!

if you can find a good fitting connecter than there shouldnt be a reason why you cant do it that way. metal to metal and your good.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

the only thing is there is three wires coming from the car and only two pins on the singnal stocks. Does two go to the + side and one to the -?

Anyone know from doing it themselves?

Comment

US front markers have three wires because there are two circuits. dim (parking light) and bright (turn signal). the third wire is ground.

Euro lights have only one circuit which is the bright light for turn signal, since the parking light is in the headlight. This is actually preferable for safety since the turn signals flash "bright-off" rather than "bright-dim".

Figure out which wire is for the marker light and cut it. You won't need it. hook up the other two wires. Actually, you could run the marker light wire up to the headlight.

Comment

you could prob put the dual fil bulb from the US ones and put them in the Euro's if you want to keep it the way it was. Just a though
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminator
            US front markers have three wires because there are two circuits. dim (parking light) and bright (turn signal). the third wire is ground.

Euro lights have only one circuit which is the bright light for turn signal, since the parking light is in the headlight. This is actually preferable for safety since the turn signals flash "bright-off" rather than "bright-dim".

Figure out which wire is for the marker light and cut it. You won't need it. hook up the other two wires. Actually, you could run the marker light wire up to the headlight.
            woww I missed your post.

So your saying that I only need 2 out of the 3 wires? right now I have the 2 wires twisted together on the one side and then the ground wire.

Would that still work, or is this the reason why my turn signals don't work when I have my headlights on?

hopfully you see this soon, you wrote that awhile ago!

Comment

you only need the ground brown wire and the one that blinks a test light when the blinker is on. the other is you parking light which comes on with the light switch and is why your blinkers dont work with the lights on. in europe they had the parking light in the headlight and the bumper light is only a blinker.

Comment

Working...
              X