Which Headlights Are Best?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Headlights Are Best?!

I recently bought a pair of halogen headlights from a pick your part for really cheap just because I thought they'd be better then my headlight I have right now. I have no idea what kind of headlight either of them are really, so if anyone knows then if they could tell me and also which ones are best? I haven't fit them on yet, I wanted to know which ones were better first!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	7249610

Name:	IMG_2257.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	7249611

Name:	IMG_2259.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	7249612

First photo is the ones I have now. Just says Hella H4 on it. Last pic is the ones I got. Ones of them says Wagner Halogen on it, other says Sylvania Halogen.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the headlights in the second pictures are just standard sealed beams (are the bulbs glued in the back?). If so they're pretty much the worst of the worst of available lights for an e30. Your H4 lights are great. Put a nice set of bulbs in them, clean the connections, they'll work well enough.
      1990 332i, 4 door
      2008 KTM 990 Superduke
      2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
      2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
      2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Keep your current headlights. The ones you bought are standard Halogen sealed beams. They would be a downgrade to what you have. Although I see you have a h4 has the inner high light also. Should be a H1 setup, as the fluting would be different then the outer beam that is H4

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

yeah the H4 you have are actually much better than the ones you picked up. Except that your inner beams should be H1. You can find those at the junkyard for cheap on older Jaguars

do yourself a favor and google e30 headlights and find out about all the different kinds.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
          X