Interior LED mood lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior LED mood lighting

Has anybody tried this? I definitely know it's in the mid 2000's 5-series, not sure about other models. It's just 2 amber LED's shining light on the center console. I think it adds a nice mood during night driving.

Anybody tried this before? pics?
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

3 day Bump.. no ideas? it's on the e39's
    Recent Rebranding!!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Some day I am gonna put an LED in each door handle. Few people know where they are, LED would help. Maybe just a bulb instead, I just want a glow.
      Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yeah, LED's are more directional light, not really a "glow" effect....
        Recent Rebranding!!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

my E46 touring has the led mood lights. I love em, and think it looks great, but havent tried to make something for my E30. saw a write up somewhere on them though.

Comment

Oh yeah? Let me know if you find it. post it up. I know it's a matter of hooking up a couple amber LED's on the sunroof console, but I want to see how other people did it too!
            Recent Rebranding!!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

This one is for the E36, but the E30 is similar. I just wanted to know the specs of resistors and LED's and such, that's all.
              Recent Rebranding!!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

what i saw was actually something someone was selling it was already done in a little housing- but the housing didnt look all that nice. I will try to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                  http://home.comcast.net/~matthew.c.s...ting/index.htm

This one is for the E36, but the E30 is similar. I just wanted to know the specs of resistors and LED's and such, that's all.
                  Hey Frank did yo ever do this mod? It looks good and as I'm in the process of installing my map light rear view mirror in my convertible I was thinking of doing something like this. Let me know.
                  Thanks

p.s. your car is looking great man
                  sigpic
                  WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Pics Please

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                    my E46 touring has the led mood lights. I love em, and think it looks great, but havent tried to make something for my E30. saw a write up somewhere on them though.
                    I'm not familiar with the lights on the e46 can you take pictures of the actual bulbs/housing and then a shot showing the light effect.
                    sigpic
                    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Giggity giggity

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                        OK so mikeedler does not have the time to post this pic/video, anyone else who can show us the e46 mood light in action please, location of bulbs etc. In the short warm months in the East Cost we need to work fast.
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                          OK so mikeedler does not have the time to post this pic/video, anyone else who can show us the e46 mood light in action please, location of bulbs etc. In the short warm months in the East Cost we need to work fast.

You do realize you bumped up a two year old thread wanting someone to post information regarding the e46 mood lights. My guess is it will probably get overlooked since it has been that long since this conversation went on.

Good Luck though...

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                            You do realize you bumped up a two year old thread wanting someone to post information regarding the e46 mood lights. My guess is it will probably get overlooked since it has been that long since this conversation went on.

Good Luck though...
                            OK, so if you post a question you get the usual, search/research/read etc. and get treated like a noob, if you research do some homework find a thread and revive it so as not to recreate the wheel you tell me that reviving an old thread it will get overlooked?!?

I personally look for a specific subject and also read the new posts, guess that's just me.
                            Thanks for the tip I will start my own thread...
                            sigpic
                            WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Just to keep the old thread alive. I have said "mood lighting" in my 540 touring. I call it my heads up beer display. I seems that when a can is placed in the factory "not"cupholders, the reflection off the beer is projected onto the windscreen. Kinda nice to know how much fuel you have left in the courage container. Not whilst driving of course.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                              Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                              Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                              Wrap all my things in aluminum
                              Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                              Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                              Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                              Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Working...
                              X