all red early tails, no ebay cheese please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all red early tails, no ebay cheese please

yeap, wondering if Startec or MHW ever made all red early tail lights.

I'm not into those nasty new ones from ebay, nor do I want repainted ones at the moment.

any leads ???

thanks.

all I've seen are the smoked ones from startec
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

That's something that's easily done yourself for much less than paying for anything. Best way I've found on prior vehicles is to use a high quality tint. You can purchase a small sheet of transparent red tint from a decal shop and put it on yourself. Will look just as good as anything you'll buy, still have OEM fitment/quality, and it will cost you about $15 instead of $200.

Just buy quality tint and you wont have to worry about discoloration or anything like that. I use only 3M tints these days.
      1991 BMW E30 318i sedan
      2005 Kawasaki 636cc ZX6-R

PNWRiders.com

Comment

that tint stuff is OK. i have all smoked out rear tails with tint and it looks good most of the time. however, the BEST way is to juss get a can of transparent paint, give em a good couple coats of whatever you want, then bring it to a shop and have them clearcoat it. they will look a million times better than any tint will. also, mhw made a set of ALL RED tail lights. even the reverse light is slightly red. a guy on e30tech has em for sale, but they go for about $300 a pair. my vote is juss to paint them yourself.
        1991 318is nv m50 : brilliantrot

Comment

mhw made a set of ALL RED tail lights.
          MHW made all red lights for the facelift models, but as far as I know, never made them for pre-facelift cars. No idea if Startec made them or not, but I’m trying to find out if anyone knows!

Comment

Ive never seen the early ones with all red. I painted my late tails though and now it looks really crusty 3 months later, kind of like a dried white film on it. looked awesome at first but it didnt last.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
              Ive never seen the early ones with all red. I painted my late tails though and now it looks really crusty 3 months later, kind of like a dried white film on it. looked awesome at first but it didn't last.
              Let me guess, you used model paint and either didn't clearcoat them or used model clearcoat?

If you use model paint, you need to spray AUTOMOTIVE GRADE clearcoat over them or they will turn to shit in a few months. Model paint is not made to withstand the outdoors. Either buy a spray can worth of clearcoat or have a body shop spray them for you.

Comment

Abrahams is offer the large/early tails in red or smoke, but they dont have pics of the all red..yet

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
                X