9006 H4 Bulbs & Euro Ellip.'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9006 H4 Bulbs & Euro Ellip.'s

I just recently bought a pair of Sylvania Silverstar H4 bulbs for my car. They made a HUGE difference!

Question for you guys though, what is the difference between the euro ellipsoids and the US spec's? Are the bulbs different? How are the lenses different?

BTW, the Silverstars aren't the gay ricey blue lights. They are a brighter white bulb that is 4000K as opposed to the stock 3000K.
    Current BMW's:
    2004 330Ci
    1986 European 325i cabrio
    1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
    1989 325is RIP
    1989 325iX RIP
    2001 740iL RIP

About the only thing that is similar is they are both projector type lenses.

Euros use an H1 bulb which is undipped/uncapped and sits a bit farther back. Its a tny little bulb. The cutoff is similar but there is a 35degree slant toward the passenger side that shoots light above the horizon line to light signs and such. We also have an integrate 5watt bulb for a parking type light.

Some also have a smile at the bottom that lets out a little trapped light to hit right in front of the car.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

You're running european ellips (minus the smiley), correct? (I'm assuming so because your car is european).
      I didn't know that they made Sylvania Silverstars in H1. I thought only the Osrams came in H-code bulbs.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Hella made Euro ellips without the smiley

just dunno why and when I've seen them on different types and years on street here
        but I've only seen Euro ellips with H1
        maybe can somebody from the Euro corner clear some things up

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
        1997 E36 328iT
        1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
        1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
          You're running european ellips (minus the smiley), correct? (I'm assuming so because your car is european).
          I didn't know that they made Sylvania Silverstars in H1. I thought only the Osrams came in H-code bulbs.
          I don't believe so.

He's running US ellips.

and I see the myth of "color temp = light performance" has struck again.
          My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Working...
          X