Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Bosch Euro Smilies?

Hello,

Can the inside of the lenses on my Bosch Euro Smilie Headlights be cleaned? Everytime it rains I can see moisture buildup and it's gotten to the point that there is some sort of mineral residue there.

I'm wondering if I can take them off, clean them, and reseal the unit. Thank you.

Anyone? I just need to know if the inside of the lens can be cleaned. Thank you.

Comment

you have to be really careful otherwise the mirrored finish will come off
      sigpic

Comment

yes, it's possible, but it's not a simple procedure.

Remove everything from the light housing. Stick housing in the oven and heat until the glue holding the lens becomes soft enough to pull the lens off. clean and put back together with new sealant to make sure that it doesn't leak again.

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
          yes, it's possible, but it's not a simple procedure.

Remove everything from the light housing. Stick housing in the oven and heat until the glue holding the lens becomes soft enough to pull the lens off. clean and put back together with new sealant to make sure that it doesn't leak again.

-Erik
          Thanks guys,

All things considered then maybe it's better to just leave it alone and live with it. You can't tell unless you get pretty close but it bothered me. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamil View Post
            Thanks guys,

All things considered then maybe it's better to just leave it alone and live with it. You can't tell unless you get pretty close but it bothered me. Thanks again.
            my suggestion: remove the headlights from the car, disassemble the low beam to where you remove the projector from the housing. from there, you can stick in a wad of wet paper towel or something similar and use a toothbrush or other skinny instrument and rub it around on the lense. no danger to the projectors reflective housing and if you just use water no danger to anything else either. youll have to work around the chrome ring but shouldnt be too bad.

Comment

What I did with my fogs is I used dishwasher soap and hot water and poured it inside the housing shake the hell of it, drain/rinse and let dry. Turned out really well for me.

M

Comment

Working...
              X