No announcement yet.

correct bulb for euro ellipsoids?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha... They are blue coated, with a silver coat over that so your housing are not colored blue.

You bought garbage bulbs. Good job :up:

Real OSRAM H1 SIlverstars are crystal clear, no coatings of any sort... and they ARE NOT legal for road use in the states (like any of us care)

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

bert, take them back, say that they don't work or some bullshit, buy the cheapest CLEAR H1's that they have so your car is driveable and order the ones we told you to
      My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

ha ha...

how about i'm tired of dealing with it and i'll just
        use them until they burn out...too much hassle...

remember guys...crap bulbs or not...i just converted
        from sealed beams...ANYTHING is better than those!

bert

Comment

..oh...and jordan...you can be a real smart ass...

bert

Comment

Originally posted by bert
            ..oh...and jordan...you can be a real smart ass...
            Welcome to R3vlimited.

Save the packages and take them back when you get the new bulbs. Wal Mart will take anything back.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

I wanted the Osram Silverstars, but I didn't feel like waiting 3 weeks to get them because I already had my Ellips waiting to be installed. So, I just bought Raybrig bulbs from a friend's accessory shop. They give off a purpleish light, they are pretty hot. Raybrig makes quality products and car manufacturers like BMW and Honda use their bulbs. Expensive, but I give them a :up:

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

OK, someone lock this thread before I have to explain how blue bulbs show the owner's true intelligence. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by OOMPH!
                  They give off a purpleish light, they are pretty hot.

This should be taken literally as well as figuratively. Most of those aftermarket color-coated bulbs will become VERY hot and have even been known to melt the plastic housing of the ellipsoids.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
                    OK, someone lock this thread before I have to explain how blue bulbs show the owner's true intelligence. Please.
                    yeah.....why don't you go ahead and explain.........

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
                      yeah.....why don't you go ahead and explain.........

I'll Let Daniel Stern do it for me.

Comment

I got a set of osram silverstars from a guy that had e-code GTI lights that he converted to HID's. Huge difference from the 55w sylvania's from auto zone.

Comment

I wanted the Osram Silverstars, but I didn't feel like waiting 3 weeks to get them because I already had my Ellips waiting to be installed. So, I just bought Raybrig bulbs from a friend's accessory shop. They give off a purpleish light, they are pretty hot. Raybrig makes quality products and car manufacturers like BMW and Honda use their bulbs. Expensive, but I give them a :up:
                          My bro bought the raybrigs for the grand am, and they were bright....

while they lasted :roll: Which was like 3 days. First he bough the blue ones, then the purple ones.

They get too hot. period. So he converted to xenon.
                          Nick

87 325 5MT
                          02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Working...
                          X