Review: H4s + SilverStars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: H4s + SilverStars

I just got My Silverstars in and they are much brighter.
    Here is a comparison midway through puting them on. They light up the road great at night. I just wish it was a little more white then yellow.

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQAAACUT7HR2lsDCQVjmQScxgSHRl31j6SED6g91P0wP9qHy8 Wr2DF0m3KelcgbnBLL9DSKyxQEzv6OvbMA*f0CydDJDuPufcuN kzZdPwso/IM002073.JPG?dc=4675469589831711050[/img]
    90 325is
    IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Get some night shots! :)

shut your car in a garage like me. :-p

Comment

My silverstars are 10x as white as that, even during the day...

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        My silverstars are 10x as white as that, even during the day...

My thoughts exactly. Where'd you get them from? You pulled them out of a sealed package too, right?

Only thing I can think of is the difference between a projector and reflector housing....or you got screwed.
        My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

i must have gotten screwed then, because they were just in a box and no sealled package. WTF. I bought them on www.suvlights.com
          90 325is

Comment

They came in a box and it has a sticker on it

4720sbl
            12V 60/55W
            H-4
            +50 brite lite
            90 325is

Comment

If you got them from SUVlights, I doubt you got screwed, but you might want to give them a call to make sure they didnt mess up your order.
              My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Ok, because The order was very straight foward so i know i didnt mess up there.
                But i remember seeing pics of jordans lights after he got his bulbs, and mine look nothing like that.
                90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                  Ok, because The order was very straight foward so i know i didnt mess up there.
                  But i remember seeing pics of jordans lights after he got his bulbs, and mine look nothing like that.
                  Jordan's are also projectors, whereas yours are reflectors. PM Rob and see if he'll take a picture of his for you.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I was just about to post up and ask you kids what replacement bulbs I should purchase, I looked at the silverstar ones, and like them a ton but don't know if they'll fit. I want real clear bright white bulbs......suggestions please, I want to purchase them this week. Can I find silverstar's that will fit, or are there other ones that are better??

THANKS!

Kali

Comment

I just talked to rob, and he seems to think that what i got is right, ant thats how it is with the H4. Im kinda dissappointed.

I was just about to post up and ask you kids what replacement bulbs I should purchase, I looked at the silverstar ones, and like them a ton but don't know if they'll fit. I want real clear bright white bulbs......suggestions please, I want to purchase them this week. Can I find silverstar's that will fit, or are there other ones that are better??

THANKS!

Kali
                      What kind of Headlights do you have? H4s, Ellipsoids, Sealed?
                      90 325is

Comment

my h4s look just about like that
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by spencers

do you have H4s or Ellipsoids?
                          90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                            Originally posted by spencers

do you have H4s or Ellipsoids?
                            H4s. Mine came in two little white individual boxes, like yours. Got em off the bay. Same writing on the boxes too. They seem fine to me.

auction link

Comment

ok, i just took some night shots.
                              I used my brothers 318is with sealed beams to compare with.
                              im on the right, and with fogs.

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQD**ywTknZ2lsDCQVjmQbHRdI3BUJsXTQsSRUNL3odm4VICg IjGdrbPq*wPu9IKP8*8nHEnfASvs9Q7ejOE2Aix7ClDl4xPp*C 854VirIU/IM002098.JPG?dc=4675469612412660681[/img]
                              [img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQDUGC0TznZ2lsDCQVjmQX*XLw88uo*bFdhpt!FNlnsXTxYaf hxsHz0kFnJa4d5cIt6baCL7KCsLNxy3SBeWbQ19hmTmhS19T6R fCjJr7Yk/IM002099.JPG?dc=4675469612414303904[/img]
                              [img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQAAABwTy3Jj9kye3xxjc9i3XOXySt3ZzoY4OZZeek8RvEHQc FOC!NLM6eFRRUiUXlKfIkZovk*DsPd!nf2eIenm4pl*p3PBVNc xiUYZMzM/IM002100.JPG?dc=4675469612415423777[/img]

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQCz*yATu3Nj9kye3xxjc1Oq261J5tJ2Kq3KV7epVhr6CX3Hk QWjv4jAzuYQuE64wooMfKOxxNTE8uKOoKJPJXAwzPaICAL4gI2 A5INzaa4/IM002104.JPG?dc=4675469612418032572[/img]
                              [img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQCz*yET93Nj9kye3xxjc*WJ4kbuNx1iCdunxOLH0DtyE*By! HsHcwAc07TeMNjuem1rfY9SvPdTnkRueZzDIlpowNoHmwU5U6I 3lMi9x7Q/IM002105.JPG?dc=4675469612419373556[/img]

Over all, I dont think that puting $120 into only lowbeams and get that out of it, wasnt worth it. I shouldve saved up for a used set Smillies and got Silverstars. It would have been much more worth it. I would advise aganist the setup that i have, and i plan on getting smilies in the near future.
                              :thinks to himself: damn i coulda had a sparco bar instead[/img]
                              90 325is

Comment

Working...
                              X