Anybody with new Prolumen HID slims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody with new Prolumen HID slims?

Firsr off, my car is a 1990 325IS. I have Bosch smiley's...

Here is my Prolumen slim HID kit...

Where does this plug go? It's the +/- plug...

Here is the low beam plug next to the Prolumen red plug...

There is a blue plug that I think is the entire light assembly plug mounted under the highbeam light...

The blue plug and low beam plug(yellow), are the same shape and these are the only 2 plugs that are close to the red Prolumen plug.

Does anyone else have this set up that could help me out? I think I may need another plug but need some input.

Thanks.
    sigpic

blue plug is for city lights. if you cut the factory 9006 plug off to put the yellow plug on, youre stuck cause thats what goes into the red connector.

Comment

I was showing him earlier that mine came with a plug that spliced into my factory harness and then pluged into the red connector that he has. But i have the older Prolumen HID kit.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

the yellow plug is euro-specific. the connector for the prolumens is (as smonkbmw said) designed to mate to the factory 9006 plug that came on '88 and '89 US e30s.

you can pick up some 9006 plug ends at autozone or similar, cut off your yellow plugs (leave some wiring, and save 'em in case you switch back some day) and use butt connectors or a good solder job to connect them. I believe brown is (-) ground, yellow is (+) hot.
        Jay

Comment

brown is ground other is positive

Comment

remember that euro smilies are H1 and us are 9006 ... if u bought 9006 they will not fit ... just return them for an H1 kit ... just my
            m44 Z3 daily driver
            e30 m20b27 King of the garage

Comment

I got intact with the guy who sold them to me and he said the same thing about the plug adapter from Autozone.

Do I have to drill a hole in the back of the black plastic on the headlight to fit this rubber grommet? (dont mind the clear plastic it's just the bulb cover)...

Does the grommet go here?...

Then the bulb goes through to here...

Thanks for the help guys, I dont have a bible yet(Bentley manual), and I just dont want to burn my car to the ground.
              sigpic

Comment

yep, gotta drill the cap.
                Jay

Comment

i found that in some cases the caps dont fit after you drill it. this was on my hellas. bosch might be different.

Comment

I know im bumping a super old thread, I just got my Bosch Smiley's in the mail today. My Ddm HID bulb dosnt fit ( H1 ) How do i modify this ?

Do i need to drill out the area where the bulb goes in? The bulb wont fit threw the area between the metal. my DDM bulb is to fat.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                      I know im bumping a super old thread, I just got my Bosch Smiley's in the mail today. My Ddm HID bulb dosnt fit ( H1 ) How do i modify this ?

Do i need to drill out the area where the bulb goes in? The bulb wont fit threw the area between the metal. my DDM bulb is to fat.

Thanks in advance
                      Is it based properly? Like it has a H1 base, but the bulb is too fat? Hmm... I have no idea, other than yeah you might need to cut/drill a bit.
                      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                      All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Working...
                      X