Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just bought these H4's... tell me what you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just bought these H4's... tell me what you think!

I know they are cheap, but that is what I was looking for! Im poor :? What do you guys think besides that they are the obvious no name brand crap! I added the city light option, not sure how it will work with these... anyone know? or better yet anyone know how to wire that option up? or is it plug and play? anyway, thanks in advance
    Dan

Don't bother with the citylight; it's probably shitty anyhow. Since those lights are new, they probably won't be too bad. And with the money you saved, you can get some Osram Silverstars.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Keyword: Osram

I like that. In fact, I like it enough I'm going to put it in my sig.
      My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Keyword: oh wait huh what was that.

btw..not too bad of deal..tell me what you think

Comment

ill keep you guys posted with how I like it and stuff. I will be getting the osram's. I did get the city light option... no going back.... does anyone know how to wire it? I really need at least an idea to go on. I was thinking wire it to a sidemarker or turn signal or something, I really have no Idea. thanks in advance,
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
            ill keep you guys posted with how I like it and stuff. I will be getting the osram's. I did get the city light option... no going back.... does anyone know how to wire it? I really need at least an idea to go on. I was thinking wire it to a sidemarker or turn signal or something, I really have no Idea. thanks in advance,
            If you get the citylight, just get some wire-tap connectors and tap leads into the parking lights.

Comment

they look old and used, i dont get it, how are they better? and are they easy to intall?

Comment

not a bad price. even for the city lights. city lights usually run about 20 bucks. they just fit over the H4 bulb when you insert them into the housing. run the two wires out of the rubber grommet, tap into side marker and ground to body. mine burnt out, havent replaced them yet.
                FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

thanks for the tip. by the way, there not old, just a wierd color on the back, no one can see that once it is installed anyway, I dont know for the money, they seem good, ill let you know. Also, I was looking at sylvania silverstars today in an auto part store (they dont sell osram here, i've heard it's basically the same) for the H4 lowbeam, is it the same as the 9006? I didnt see any H4 specific ones, but I recall from somewhere that 9006 and H4 low beam bulbs are the same. thanks again guys,
                  Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                    Also, I was looking at sylvania silverstars today in an auto part store (they dont sell osram here, i've heard it's basically the same)
                    Who told you that? They're an idiot. They couldn't be more different. I don't see how you could have been told that; the topic has been beaten to death on this forum.

You HAVE to get H4 bulbs.

You can't find Osram bulbs in stores anywhere in the US, as they're not sold here.
                    Go here:

and email them, and tell them that you want a pair of Osram Silverstar H4s.

The Lighting Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                      Who told you that? They're an idiot. They couldn't be more different. I don't see how you could have been told that; the topic has been beaten to death on this forum.

You HAVE to get H4 bulbs.
                      wow, that was stupid, I read that and it went through one ear, and out the other, I knew that! thanks a lot for correcting me, seriously, I really appreciate it. anyone have a set they want to sell? let me know (PM). thanks again ken,
                      Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X