Replace lens only on Ellips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace lens only on Ellips?

Lens got smashed by a rock on one of my low beams. Its totally shattered. Is the lens replaceable, or do i need a whole new low beam?
    --Will

depends

how bad is the damage? if the reflectors inside are damage, you are pretty much set for another light. If not bmwlights sells the lenses.

Comment

I was told by my parts guy that its only available as a unit. These are ellipsoids, if that matters. Everything is fine, except the lens, which is shattered but mostly still in place.
      --Will

Comment

doesnt matter

they are glued on lenses. you ahve to take the shards out of the ring of silicone and buy it from bmwlights.com and re silicone seal it. I know plenty that have done it with thier fog lights but dotn know about head lights.

Comment

Are the bmwlights.com glass or acrylic?
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

cool, thanks yun
            --Will

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
              Are the bmwlights.com glass or acrylic?

Their site says acrylic.
              --Will

Comment

i've replaced my lenses on ellipsoids with the lenses from bmwlight. the lenses are yes acrylic, but are very clear. cost is $40 a pair i belive and it would hurt to have an extra.

dont spend the $$$ to get a whole new assembly. that will cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

Working...
                X