Best bang for the buck?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveSmed
    Ah. I see.

    BMW does use relays, but the weak point is the harness. If your sticking bigger fuses in, or getting excessive voltage drop, an additional relay with a dedicated power feed might not be a bad idea. Check control will throw a shit fit though.
    yeah...weaksauce on the 200 ga wire.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaveSmed
    replied
    Originally posted by tjts1
    I know. Thats why you scroll down and and get the 90/100w white bulbs for $6.
    Ah. I see.

    BMW does use relays, but the weak point is the harness. If your sticking bigger fuses in, or getting excessive voltage drop, an additional relay with a dedicated power feed might not be a bad idea. Check control will throw a shit fit though.

    Leave a comment:


  • tjts1
    replied
    Originally posted by SchnellerVert
    130/110W H4 are out there but would suggest relaying at that wattage.
    I think bulb life goes down a lot once you get past 100w.
    Originally posted by DaveSmed
    Blue bulbs = ricer crap.
    I know. Thats why you scroll down and and get the 90/100w white bulbs for $6.
    Last edited by tjts1; 12-12-2007, 11:09 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by SchnellerVert
    130/110W H4 are out there but would suggest relaying at that wattage.
    BMW uses headlight relays. Unless you are planning on running 300 watt low beams, you are OK with whatever bulbs you wanna run.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaveSmed
    replied
    Originally posted by tjts1
    Same here. 90/100 H4 and 100w H1 on stock wiring harness with those autopal lights. I think I had to up the high beam fuse by 5a.
    I'm actually thinking about upgrading to the multi surface reflector version of these lights.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29


    Blue bulbs = ricer crap.

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    130/110W H4 are out there but would suggest relaying at that wattage.

    Leave a comment:


  • tjts1
    replied
    Same here. 90/100 H4 and 100w H1 on stock wiring harness with those autopal lights. I think I had to up the high beam fuse by 5a.
    I'm actually thinking about upgrading to the multi surface reflector version of these lights.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    H4 all the way up to 100 watts and same for the H1's. I think that is the highest power that is widely available, and I believe that is what is on my car along with independant fogs. All 6 lights on at the same time is absolutly stunning ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    Ok, so next question, what wattage bulb can I use on the stock lighting harness? I have been searching but don’t have much time due to work.

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    Perfect, those H4's are just what I have been looking for, more light for less money! Thanks tjts1

    Leave a comment:


  • tjts1
    replied
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-3-4...6960QQtcZphoto

    Leave a comment:


  • cferb
    replied
    Originally posted by kencopperwheat
    Best = HIDs

    Best "Bang for the Buck" = H4s with Osram Silverstars (DO NOT get the Sylvania Silverstars... they're trash)
    +1, although I wouldn't call the sylvanias trash, the osrams are better, everything together should come out to about $120-$130 for a new set of low beams+bulbs

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Two Cibie's or Hella's or Bosch E codes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Spec
    replied
    Just replaced my sealed beams with Euro elipsoids and there is a HUGE difference in light output. I expect to see the same dif when I add the HID's that are on order.

    ...for the price, I'd say find some US elipsoids off of an old E30 for $100 or so. The bulbs are actaully cheaper then buying a sealed beam, and I would imagine they last longer then 3-4weeks like the sealed beams do. I've never replaced a damn headlight so many times.....

    ...just suck up the cost and replace with either the Hella H4's or used US elipsoids. The light output on the sealed beams really is absolutely horrid.

    Leave a comment:


  • kencopperwheat
    replied
    Best = HIDs

    Best "Bang for the Buck" = H4s with Osram Silverstars (DO NOT get the Sylvania Silverstars... they're trash)

    Leave a comment:

Working...