What companys have you used for HID kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What companys have you used for HID kits

Im looking to purchase a 55w 6K HID kit for my euro elips.

I was checking around on ebay for a kid but all the sellers seem to have poor feedback.
    I was just wondering what sellers you have used on ebay for your kits or what company and or site do you suggest to buy them from.
    From my search I see a lot of people say DDM. But I havent found out what site that is yet.

Thanks for the help.

McCulloch 6000K FTW.

My brother was able to find a few sets on a motorcycle forum group buy for mega cheap. Four years later, we've had zero problems with our HID units.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

Have had Prolumen's on my e30 for about 2 years now with no issues. 35w 6000k kit. Have Apexcone 35w 5000k's for the e34 but haven't installed them yet.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
        McCulloch 6000K FTW.

My brother was able to find a few sets on a motorcycle forum group buy for mega cheap. Four years later, we've had zero problems with our HID units.
        thats stupid, get a set off ebay for $50 and call it a day. Most of em have a 1-2 year warrantee. There are plenty of ppl on here running ebay ones w/ great results.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

gonna go with DDM, they are cheaper than buying lightbulbs and they are local.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
            thats stupid, get a set off ebay for $50 and call it a day. Most of em have a 1-2 year warrantee. There are plenty of ppl on here running ebay ones w/ great results.
            Buying quality parts that don't have a 1-2 year shelf life (oops, I mean guarantee) is stupid? Mmkay.

OP, do what you please, but it falls back on the age-old adage "you get what you pay for."
            - Trey

E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

there are a lot of threads on here about how the ebay kits are fine. I'm all about getting quality parts but just because something is cheaper doesn't mean it isn't as good. Most of the ebay kits are made at the same place as your precious McCulloch's.

and edit: This is me calling you out Trey. Find me info to prove that the ebay kits only last a year or two. The internet is plagued by stupid asshats like yourself spreading hearsay. You have no idea what you are talking about but somehow think you know all. Lets see what you can dig up in the hot seat newb.
              Last edited by asubimmer; 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM.
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Check them out. I bought some angel eyes from them a while ago and had great experience. xlr8rbob has their HID kit on his ride and has had no problems.

Comment

I have 3 sets of DDM lights in various cars and they've all held up excellent. No issues at all.

Comment

ddmtuning for the win. i saw a 4500 kit of theirs, whoa man those are on my list. im running 6ks on the eta, they are a litttle to blue for me, might change to 5-4500s here soon.

Comment

I showed a guy the DDm site at work the other week.

He ordered 2 sets of 8K. he said they are white, like no blue at all, which he wanted a bit of blue...

I want "OE like" color, so I was gonna order 5Kish...but after his experience, I don't know.

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        He ordered 2 sets of 8K. he said they are white, like no blue at all, which he wanted a bit of blue...

I want "OE like" color, so I was gonna order 5Kish...but after his experience, I don't know.
                        theres no way. the 55 watt 6k kit i have has a good tinge of blue in it. 8ks should be almost purpleish blue. then again they offer 4 different kits and 2 different wattage ratings. so that MIGHT make a difference.

wishno is running 5ks and those have a good deal of white with a barely noticable hint of blue. curt has 55watt 4500s in his and they are the most brilliant white ive ever seen! the output is fantastic, thats what im going to put in the eta and the m3.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                          and edit: This is me calling you out Trey. Find me info to prove that the ebay kits only last a year or two. The internet is plagued by stupid asshats like yourself spreading hearsay. You have no idea what you are talking about but somehow think you know all. Lets see what you can dig up in the hot seat newb.
                          And now Korman's idiot grandkid is "calling me out." Oh noes.

OP, good luck with whatever you get, I was just saying that my family has had great luck with the McCulloch HID kit.
                          - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                          E30 325i sedan
                          Volvo 945T

Comment

I bought and installed DDM 55w 5k bulbs in my Hella smoked US ellips, and I was impressed. Bright as HECK, and a nice purplish cutoff and modern bluish HID color. A friend has an 08 e60, mine are a bit brighter and share the same color tint.

Comment

visionbulbs.com look there..
                              e30sport.net
                              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Working...
                              X