My Foglights Don't Want To Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Foglights Don't Want To Work?

This may sound like a very stupid question.

On the 318IS, I have foglights in, but they don't turn on with the headlights. Do they not necessarily operate even if it comes with the car, or are they supposed to work but my bulbs are just burnt out? Sorry again, this is a major NOOB question.

The reason why I'm asking is that I have a cracked right lens and if they are unoperative, I will just get the plastic ones. If not, I'll consider getting a genuine replacement foglight, replace both bulbs and have proper lighting coming through them.

Thanks again.
    '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Simple stuff first, Fuzes, bulbs then connections and then relays. Do you own a multimeter or circuit tester?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I assume that my uncle does, he's an electrition.. So he may be able to help me with this kind of stuff I think.

Are they supposed to work when your headlights are on though?

Because I know for the knob thing, when it's all the way in, that's for lows? The middle is lights off and when you pull it all the way out... It just seems like those are lows as well, haha. So I don't really understand what the problem is and what is supposed to happen.
      '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Comment

I hate to say it but have you turned the foglights on.. the 2 buttons next to the headlight switch

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedMunky
          Because I know for the knob thing, when it's all the way in, that's for lows? The middle is lights off and when you pull it all the way out... It just seems like those are lows as well, haha. So I don't really understand what the problem is and what is supposed to happen.
          all the way in = OFF
          middle = parking lights
          all the way out = ON

use the directional stalk to control high/low function.
          press square button to right of headlight knob to turn on/off foglights
          Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedMunky
            I assume that my uncle does, he's an electrition.. So he may be able to help me with this kind of stuff I think.

Are they supposed to work when your headlights are on though?

Do you not own an owner's manual? That covers everything about the controls of the lights.

Fog lights should work when you have just the low beams ons. They turn off when you have the high beams on, and they won't work if you have just the parking lights on.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Working...
            X