ellipsoid housing screw bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ellipsoid housing screw bit?

I need to disassemble my ellipsoids as they are quite dirty on the inside. The glass portion is held onto the reflector by 3 screws, which appear to have a lambda on the head.

Any clue what drill bit I need?

I am curious why you DO NOT ask where you can find a screwdriver with a matching bit ... I have to assume you disapprove of the oddball driver pattern.

I expect you'll want to be careful to mark the housing for alignment on reassembly before taking it apart, whatever method you settle on.

Good luck, this is an important and ambitious project!
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

I think its a triwing or tri-point after looking around on amazon. not sure of the size yet.

Comment

I found a company that makes the screws and drivers, it's called a tri-wing. Their site calls it for a DSW3 driver for a #6 x 1/2" Pan Head SST sheet metal screw.

The drivers are available as a bit (1/4 inch hex drive I presume) in sizes 1 to 5. I would try #3 or #4.

Also sold as complete screwdriver with handle and bit. This company is called Mutual Screw & Supply. Toll free number- 800-222-0324.
        email "customerservice@mutualscrew.com"

Hope this helps.

Andy
        Last edited by Mo Brighta; 05-10-2020, 05:52 PM.
        Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
        Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
        Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
        Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X